Polarization: the anti-debate phenomenon

philosophical debates and companies.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Polarization: the anti debate phenomenon

by eclectron » 20/02/21, 12:49

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:If but should we not recognize that our times are gratinée? Finance has never reached such levels and therefore such powers. Until it perverted science ....

this is mainly due to the fact that this is the time when there is the most money per capita, and by far ...

typical of the congenital bias of the librarians and the technique described in the documentary.
I describe that finance has the power to pervert science and it does
and you add that people have never been so rich, which is true.
How would your argument increase or decrease what I'm saying?
what is the relevance of your remark?
If this is not to drown the fish: "yes finance perverts science but people have never been so rich" then it may be bad for good ...
Is that what you mean with your remark?

Cognitive bias, I don't talk about it anymore because it's so obvious with you and your friends and so obvious that you refuse to see each other (experience and not prejudice), that it is useless
About me (what you'll never say : Mrgreen: )? always possible but frankly, without bragging, I have a capacity (innate and educated) to perceive the intentions behind each act and I also observe myself
Sometimes, maybe too often, I let myself get carried away by my ego, but I must admit that certain remarks are so bad and so denial that the ego can only get carried away. Unless you're an unaffected psychopath. : Mrgreen:

In turn, I could blame you for not having much empathy for living things in general and for not talking about it. : Mrgreen:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/02/21, 13:41

for me you are precisely all the time in the binary classification and the refusal to argue other than by invectives, and you prefer to spoil the debates than to resolve them,
inflated the guy!
he blames others for his own behavior and he doesn't even notice it like all narcissists. On the other hand, a priori value judgments and the refusal to obtain information from reliable sources, that he can do!
So start by applying your own criteria and we will then see to argue other than your usual fakenews.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/02/21, 13:51

eclectron wrote:and you add that people have never been so rich, which is true.

Who are "the people"? The rich have never been so rich, that's a fact. But "the people"? Not sure. In addition, it is not the money that must be counted but the purchasing power that it gives us, and there, everything becomes relative.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 20/02/21, 15:58

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:

Who are "the people"? The rich have never been so rich, that's a fact. But "the people"? Not sure. In addition, it is not the money that must be counted but the purchasing power that it gives us, and there, everything becomes relative.

without entering into the increase in inequalities and without considering poor countries, if we look between ourselves and our grandparents, with some exceptions, our standard of living is normally increased: Housing, vehicles, electronics of all kinds.
0 x
whatever.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/02/21, 16:06

eclectron wrote:

without entering into the increase in inequalities and without considering poor countries, if we look between ourselves and our grandparents, with some exceptions, our standard of living is normally increased: Housing, vehicles, electronics of all kinds.

All this has a price: The return of massive slavery to manufacture these "riches".
1 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 20/02/21, 16:20

eclectron wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Who are "the people"? The rich have never been so rich, that's a fact. But "the people"? Not sure. In addition, it is not the money that must be counted but the purchasing power that it gives us, and there, everything becomes relative.

All this has a price: The return of massive slavery to manufacture these "riches".

Yes, but when you're a liberal, you don't see that! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
It will even be said that these people, if they were not interested in it, would not do it. (which is true but so cynical ...)
No empathy, no morals .... : roll:
A calculator (in capitalist mode) instead of the brain. : Mrgreen:
As long as you are one of the winners, why worry about the losers ...
this is where we touch the cognitive biases and where the cleavage occurs.
and one will find a thousand justifications to exploit and a thousand justifications not to do it.
What does our heart dictate to us when we have exploited people in front of us?
I know the response of psychopaths ....
1 x
whatever.
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 23/02/21, 08:55

Ah, after a short week of vacation without consulting the internet, I come back fresh and available! It feels good.

Ah, or not in fact, I have the impression that it always polarizes so much!

To talk about cognitive bias again, I am now just as attentive to cognitive dissonance, and when I personally experience it, a new alarm goes off in my mental baggage: "beware, you don't like it, put your current beliefs aside to examine this potential new information as objectively as possible "and it really allows me to move forward and change my point of view, to progress.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 23/02/21, 09:09

Rajqawee wrote:Ah, after a short week of vacation without consulting the internet, I come back fresh and available! It feels good.

To talk about cognitive bias again, I am now just as attentive to cognitive dissonance, and when I personally experience it, a new alarm goes off in my mental baggage: "beware, you don't like it, put your current beliefs aside to examine this potential new information as objectively as possible "and it really allows me to move forward and change my point of view, to progress.

Without taking anything away from what you just said, there is potential new information, not so new as that, and which we already know is M ... bar, given the cognitive biases that underlie it. tense.
Personally, I no longer want to interact with this kind of people, on forum what is more, it is so sterile.
To meditate ... and welcome back from vacation : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
whatever.
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 23/02/21, 09:11

eclectron wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:Ah, after a short week of vacation without consulting the internet, I come back fresh and available! It feels good.

Without taking anything away from what you just said, there is potential new information, not so new as that, and which we already know is M ... bar, given the cognitive biases that underlie it. tense.
Personally, I no longer want to interact with this kind of people, on forum what is more, it is so sterile.

Of course, but this is where the "objective" examination comes into play, in principle :)
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 24/02/21, 09:20

Rajqawee wrote:
eclectron wrote:

Of course, but this is where the "objective" examination comes into play, in principle :)

What is the point of being objective when you are faced with someone who has cognitive biases that constitute his personality and who therefore will never be objective.
The person in front will remain a wall and we have a few examples here ...
Objectively speaking with such people is to waste their time and make them waste theirs.

They will then say "Yes, but we have the right to have a different opinion ..., you can't stand the contradiction ..."
It turns out that for a long time I have been trying precisely to be objective about human nature, therefore there are things that I have seen and that I see more objectively, in a global framework, and not in a narrow framework, like people with strong cognitive biases often do.
Already if we claim to be this or that, it is screwed for objectivity.
Notice to liberals / climato .. from Forum : Mrgreen:
0 x
whatever.

Back to "Society and Philosophy"