Crowded planet Earth?

philosophical debates and companies.
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/07/09, 19:36

Hello Woodcutter
Woodcutter wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:In addition, there is a great man, who said grow, multiply ... :D
At the time he said it, it had its interest because it was the notion of survival of a people that was at stake!
Since then, God knows (!) That this maxim no longer needs to be ...

Well informed our Bucheron .... he gets his info directly from God !!! 8) : Mrgreen:

A few years ago we saw a report on (ARTE?) On Northern Ireland. Until recently, the race for demography was supported as a political weapon. The "oppressed" minority used this ploy to influence the ballot box and reverse the trends by reproducing much faster than their opponents in an attempt to seize power.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/07/09, 21:51

Flytox wrote:[...] A few years ago we saw a report on (ARTE?) On Northern Ireland. Until recently, the race for demography was supported as a political weapon. The "oppressed" minority used this ploy to influence the ballot box and turn the tide by reproducing themselves much faster than their opponents in an attempt to seize power.
Toutafé, "demographic war" is a common form of combat in countries occupied by an invader, the Palestinians use exactly the same means against their occupier Israel ...

To bounce back on this:
elephant wrote:In fact, dear Bucheron, all these allowances, tax cuts, etc., are based on the fact that it takes a lot of children to work to pay our pensions. [...].
I find that this is a dramatically outdated reasoning! : Shock:

As Ahmed says, it is a doctrine that could still be understood by people who believed that infinite growth was possible ...
It seems to me that here at least, among econologists, nobody believes more in these fariboles? (well, I hope so ... :| )
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 23:18

OK, but what do you suggest? And try not to tell of improbable fariboles, STP?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 21/07/09, 23:35

elephant wrote:OK, but what do you suggest? And try not to tell of improbable fariboles, STP?

Unfortunately, if it is easy to see the limits of the current system as they become so blatant, to offer an alternative on a planetary scale is a bit utopian, if not impossible.

What seems to me desirable and achievable on the other hand, is the progressive organization of small "tribes" turned towards sobriety where the social bond replaces the paying (r) vices for the most part.

Basically, it is about giving back as much as possible to individuals or groups of individuals prerogatives of solidarity which have been confiscated by the states (for the luckiest Westerners) in order to be able to give birth to the individualist "homo consumerus" and only concerned about consist of welfare.

Indeed, this new man was necessary for the logic of growth.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/07/09, 00:38

elephant wrote:OK, but what do you suggest? And try not to tell of improbable fariboles, STP?
What I propose for what? To save the world? : roll:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/07/09, 09:34

Well then, don't talk about out of date talk!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/07/09, 10:29

elephant wrote:Well then, don't talk about out of date talk!

Definition from the Hachette dictionary: obsolete = archaic, retarded eg: an outdated design

To say that we must have children to pay pensions EST a concept completely obsolete, outdated, old-fashioned, outdated, obsolete, ancient, etc ... in short outdated.

I think the explanations given here, especially by Ahmed, make you understand why?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 11:06

It smells of deviance in the corner ... : Shock:

And what about people who make kids ... to pay less tax? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 22/07/09, 12:07

Christophe wrote:And what about people who make kids ... to pay less tax? : Mrgreen:

The very fact that they can do this shows that the concept of "more children = + growth" is surely out of date, but that it is still this which motivates our demographic policy.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/07/09, 12:26

Christine wrote:
Christophe wrote:And what about people who make kids ... to pay less tax? : Mrgreen:

The very fact that they can do this shows that the concept of "more children = + growth" is surely out of date, but that it is still this which motivates our demographic policy.

But we can also say that they did not understand anything because a child costs much more than it lowers taxes. Finally, I say that. I don't know because with my 2 kids .... I don't pay : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding