Patent the living

philosophical debates and companies.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Patent the living

by sen-no-sen » 09/03/20, 00:15

Exnihiloest wrote:We already discussed this, remember. Your repository is the economy. But there are underlying mechanisms that are not related to the economy and that I can as easily as you did, claim that they will escape if you reduce everything to the mechanisms of the economy. One has the impression that you forget that all this is the work of humans.

The economy* is a colloquial term to designate what should be objectively defined as the metabolism of the anthropotechnical system.
In such a system there is interdependence of phenomena, humans do the economy, but the economy in turn determines human behavior.
It is also on this last point that the entire ecological problem resides: although aware of the ecosystem issues, economic agents cannot act because of their captivity (ex:I want to reduce pollution but I need my car to go to work).

Finance is not production, and patents are about production. Any other use is therefore a diversion

There is no technology (and by extension production) without funding, so technology and economy are entangled and in reality constitute only two sides of the same coin in the same way as the mind and the body in the world. or the hardware and for mobile devices to report the in computer science.
Every system ends up degenerating and the various shortcomings which can result from the abuses of each other are part of systemic evolution according to a Darwinian logic of attempt / success / error / memorization.
The financialization in the extreme so much decried by the defenders of "old-fashioned capitalism" (production capitalism) does not seem to grasp that its "abuses" are in reality only strategies intended to perpetuate the whole.
In an imaginary way we can say that the industrial system once bogged down in its structural limits, develops an extra corporeal output (recourse to economic abstraction) in order to generate a future attractor whose objective is to draw the whole of his present position.

*Human activity which consists in the production, distribution, exchange and consumption of goods and services (Wiki).
2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 09/03/20, 00:22

sen-no-sen wrote:It is also on this last point that the entire ecological problem resides: although aware of the ecosystem issues, economic agents cannot act because of their captivity (ex:I want to reduce pollution but I need my car to go to work).

Reduced to the industrial "economic agent", it gives (at best, and it is extremely rare): I want to reduce pollution, but I need to produce more and more cars. And at worst (most of the time) it is: I don't care* to reduce pollution, I want to continue to produce more cars for less money and I am faking the results of pollution control checks.

* I too can be a hypocrite. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/03/20, 22:50

Sen-no-sen, as much as I agree with your masterful analysis (the end is superb! :P ), as much I am reserved as for this sentence:
Every system ends up degenerating and the various shortcomings which can result from the abuses of each other are part of systemic evolution according to a Darwinian logic of attempt / success / error / memorization.

It seems to me that "abuses" were an integral part of the dna of capitalism, as stated, for example Adam Smith by asserting that general prosperity did not depend on individual altruism or generosity, but rather on individual selfishness and the sole pursuit of one's own interests. More prosaically, abstract value was contained, as a substance and as a finality, in what it is unfortunately agreed to call the real economy and that it is only its gradual erasure that exposed this a reality which thus appears more clearly in the financial economy; in reality, it is a phenomenon of refocusing towards systemic fundamentals that we are currently witnessing, which you quite rightly see by the expression "extracorporeal exit".
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 10/03/20, 00:25

Ahmed wrote:Sen-no-sen, as much as I agree with your masterful analysis (the end is superb! :P ), as much I am reserved as for this sentence: (...)

There are two kinds of abuse, those that really are and those that are not. Is that clear? No? .. then I explain! : Mrgreen:
Firstly the abuses linked to corruption, shenanigans and excesses of all kinds. To this are made small corrections and "slaps on the fingers", for example influence peddling, or the traditional "bribes" and other bribes are gradually being suppressed (this does not mean that they are disappearing but that they are statistically less present than in the past) in favor of official corruption: lobbying, legal action against the non-aligned, etc. This is what was meant (I do not agree very clearly) by this notion of Darwinian evolution of practices.
With an evolution of this kind the system becomes "whiter than white" and under cover of transparency and by the means of a great subtlety makes it possible to make acceptable the unacceptable ...

The second point is the abuses which are not, and which in reality correspond to the normal functioning of the system, but which are perceived by certain observers as degeneration due to a shift in the reference point.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/03/20, 09:39

Seen like that, no complaints ... 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/02/22, 14:06

0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 23/02/22, 17:58

Obamot wrote:: Shock:

C05283FA-C8B0-4EE5-BF96-F6ED5682AB5D.jpeg

https://www.lapresse.ca/voyage/nouvelle ... rt-svp.php

Article from 2016..... a bit outdated your thing

Next in 2017:
Kuwait waives mandatory DNA testing law
https://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2017 ... toires.php
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/02/22, 18:14

It Could Come Back...And Be Used In Worst Case Scenarios (True Study)

081D5121-46B0-4EFD-8ADC-ACABF69AEB66.jpeg

https://rairfoundation.com/great-reset- ... eme-video/

When we imagine your level of alienation, do you understand that with people like you it could reappear one day or not?
Well no, even I can't imagine it : Mrgreen:
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 23/02/22, 18:32

: Arrowd:
rairfoundation
questionable source has one or more of the following: extreme bias, constant promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, weak or non-existent source of credible information, complete lack of transparency and/or fake news
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rair-foundation-usa/

Obamot wrote:When we imagine your level of alienation,
it's not me who is surprised by outdated information from 2016.
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/02/22, 18:41

pedrodelavega wrote:questionable source has one or more of the following: extreme bias, constant promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, weak or non-existent source of credible information, complete lack of transparency and/or fake news

The portrait of Obamot, in fact.
2 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"