Non-journalistic approach to the war in Ukraine

philosophical debates and companies.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Non-journalistic approach to the war in Ukraine

by humus » 22/08/22, 15:30

Ahmed wrote:This in no way prevents persisting in the process of empowerment and emancipation, just that it should not conceal the difficulty of the undertaking; I in no way draw the idea of ​​a renunciation, since it is not really a question of a choice: either we try to get out of it, or we agree to pursue a trajectory which will not be favorable to us in the medium term (since we are only the agents, not the "beneficiaries" of a process which, moreover, has no finality).

From my point of view it is necessary to start from a blank page*, having a sustainable goal, a bit like those video games where you create a civilization, except that you are the one who sets the rules.
* while having in mind the current and what contravenes the sustainable.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 22/08/22, 15:33

Obamot wrote:Compare between him and the Western crooks and we'll talk about it again!

Except that this time it's Putin the aggressor, so it's him who is open to criticism, just as much the US in Iraq for example.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 22/08/22, 15:36

sicetaitsimple wrote:PS: to be perhaps more clear and that one does not take me for a utopian, I see that like a continuous effort on tens of years. The figures sometimes announced for 2050 would only be a stepping stone.

This sustained effort over decades is aimed at preserving (growing) capitalist society, and that is utopian.
You have to be faster and more disruptive to be realistic.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/08/22, 15:57

humus wrote:From my point of view it is necessary to start from a blank page*

For once that is totally utopian. But you have the right to dream.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 22/08/22, 16:24

sicetaitsimple wrote:

Just because you're not comfortable with it doesn't mean everyone is like you.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/08/22, 16:48

humus wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

Just because you're not comfortable with it doesn't mean everyone is like you.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my modest person. Now, if you want to do "fast and disruptive", nothing prevents you from trying to profoundly change your way of life. You should still normally realize that everyone is not ready to follow you. Finally, what I say...
Let's go back to the thread title if possible.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 22/08/22, 17:28

sicetaitsimple wrote:You should still normally realize that everyone is not ready to follow you. Finally, what I say...

You're having fun with your erroneous projections. : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
No interest in continuing with a person locked in advance.
sicetaitsimple wrote:Let's go back to the thread title if possible.
dit-il : Lol:
Still, we would have set up a sustainable world of the 80s, as advocated by Meadows, Putin could brush himself with his gas.
The problem of the present are dinosaurs with early/mid-twentieth century ideas. I think Putin and his friend Mao : Mrgreen: , of course.
For good measure, you can also find dinosaurs in the West.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 22/08/22, 17:36

sicetaitsimple wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:[
Basically it's the production of entropy that's the problem.

Stop with this entropy bullshit, there is plenty of renewable and non-renewable but abundant energy available on earth to meet the needs of humanity, provided we know how to collect and use them, whatever the entropy generated by this use.

1) Entropy is one of the major concepts of physics....

The current entropy production can be considered from two aspects: the first in the sense of Rudolf Clausius which corresponds to the amount of energy that cannot be fully transformed into free energy. In sum, energy lost in the form of heat, and above all of greenhouse gas in this case.
A second that could be described as "use" which is to be related to the energy dissipated directly by our actions in the world which corresponds to the entropy of the biosphere*.
The strategy currently put forward consists in reducing the first form of entropy as much as possible by focusing (allegedly!) on the limitation of carbon emissions (which is in itself an excellent thing) while imagining that the production of energy could continue to increase without having any perverse consequences with respect to the entropy linked to our usage(what is crazy).

2) To provide "for the needs of humanity" is a misuse of language which corresponds to a reference point offset.It would actually be more accurate to speak of the adaptive tendencies of consumers to an industrial system which by definition does not really know any limits...
What were the needs in the 19th century, in 1950,1970, XNUMX? How can we fix "needs"? Where is the middle ground?
To my knowledge, there is no scientific work that has clearly raised the question of the thresholds not to be exceeded.

*We often talk about the carbon emissions of commercial aviation. This represents about 1% of GHG emissions in the world. With very hypothetical "green" hydrogen aircraft, such emissions could be greatly reduced... by imagining such a situation, there would then be no reason to limit commercial aviation. But then, what about "induced uses": hotels, road infrastructure that results from it, etc.
By a rebound effect, the decrease in indirect harmfulness would be automatically compensated by direct or indirect perverse effects induced by the "virtuous" quality of the new modes of production...war is one of them.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 22/08/22, 19:29

Obamot wrote:On the other hand, and this is very clear — and this proves that I am not “pro” or “anti” — Putin eventually makes a mistake by seeking to send Westerners back to their responsibilities (and currently, it seems that each time 'they don't understand, he's tightening the screw...) because even if he thinks so, it can hardly have any therapeutic virtue, since for 30 years we locked ourselves in our logic and it was we who gave the lessons!

You just prove the opposite... like almost all of your posts about Ukraine.... : roll: : roll: : roll:
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 23/08/22, 07:57

sen-no-sen wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
Stop with this entropy bullshit, there is plenty of renewable and non-renewable but abundant energy available on earth to meet the needs of humanity, provided we know how to collect and use them, whatever the entropy generated by this use.

2) To provide "for the needs of humanity" is a misuse of language which corresponds to a reference point offset. ....

It's very nice to navigate through "highly conceptual" findings without ever addressing the solutions, to dehumanize the subject of energy when in fact it only concerns humans...
The soulless universe doesn't give a damn about any of that.
So I don't know who's got the wrong reference point? : Lol:

Here is proof of a lasting solution: Bhutan.
It is the fruit of an enlightened human will contrary to our countries guided only by greed (human, to specify that there is only man at the source of his misfortunes and his solutions, the The energy in there is only one parameter, like the air, the ground, the vegetation, the water, the sun...).
Certainly Bhutan is a special case and thanks to technology we should be able to do better at home in terms of "comfort".
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/monde/asie/ ... 31956.html
1 x