French gastro, France champion of junk food?

philosophical debates and companies.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: French gastro, France champion of junk food?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 09/06/21, 19:04

Christophe wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Is that English?

Nah it's French but it's not what I call junk food! Just because it's vacuum-packed or frozen doesn't mean macdo shit from a culinary and health point of view!

When I invite people over to my house, I cook with fresh produce, not Picard (sold to the Chinese) or whatever other industrial "canteen". Ditto when I go to a restaurant, I don't give a damn about eating vacuum-packed manufactured products. It's just a shame. Afterwards, if you like to eat this kind of food for which we do not know where the raw materials come from, you are free, the "modern world" opens its arms to you.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/21, 19:07

Yes yes but it is not junk food ... it is industrial food for food professionals !! There were even salons years ago, it's no longer a secret!

Now if the customers are happy that's all that matters right?

There are plenty of craftsmen who vacuum pack you know !! So is that shit?
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 09/06/21, 19:18

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:...
You are an ignoramus who displays his stupidity all the time ... as long as it is to support the industrialists.

Of course there is junk food in France too.
But I remain in the subject: "France champion of junk food?"
What is it that you don't understand in "champion"?
No she is not here "champion"junk food, you really have to never have left it to believe it, and it is not by using a selection bias with cases of junk food that we prove that it would be"champion".
You do not understand anything about the subjects, and in addition you use it as an excuse to defame others. I have rarely seen a contributor, all forum confused, displaying such vindictive imbecility.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 09/06/21, 19:39

Christophe wrote:Yes yes but it is not junk food ... it is industrial food for food professionals !! There were even salons years ago, it's no longer a secret!

Now if the customers are happy that's all that matters right?

There are plenty of craftsmen who vacuum pack you know !! So is that shit?

You know very well what I mean. Don't play stupid. Between a "cheap" industrial blanquette and a homemade blanquette, even vacuum-packed, there is a huge difference. Some resaturateurs (of my two) add a little parsley on the first and call it "homemade". When you see 50 dishes on a menu, don't tell me it's homemade. Vacuuming your dishes is very good and hygienic. I do it at home, I don't buy them ready-made. Regarding desserts, who still makes them in the restaurant business ???
When I was in my twenties, there were still plenty of establishments called "workers' restaurants" run mostly by families, where we often ate very well for 30 francs. There were 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts. Most have disappeared.
To dare to call a KFC or a McDonald's "restaurant" is a scandal. The profession should have prevented that.

Ps: For the andouille who calls me a vindictive fool ... I will (kindly) point out to him that there is a question mark at the end of the title. In case he has not seen it or pretends not to see it or if he does not know the meaning ...
A question mark, which was also called an interrogative point, is a punctuation mark that ends at the end of an interrogative sentence, in place of a period.

In linguistics, interrogation is a speech act by which the sender of a statement sends its recipient a request for information relating to its content. An interrogative sentence is commonly referred to as a "question".
(wiki)
You're welcome.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/06/21, 12:02

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:When I was in my twenties, there were still plenty of establishments called "workers' restaurants" run mostly by families, where we often ate very well for 30 francs. There were 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts. Most have disappeared.

I'm younger than you .... I ate in a restaurant run by a little old lady in 1990: 12 francs starter main course dessert in single dishes served full table on a full table ... Seasonal family cuisine 1 liter of local red (not terrible) for 4 on the table ...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/21, 17:28

My God...

DNA test finds no tuna in Subway's tuna sandwiches

Recently, the fast food restaurant company Subway faced a strange legal charge that its tuna sandwiches are said to not have… tuna. In an effort to shed light on the case, a New York Times reporter sent samples of several Subway tuna sandwiches to a DNA lab. DNA tests did not reveal any trace of tuna. However, this does not mean the real absence of fish in the sandwiches. DNA deterioration on arrival at the laboratory could also explain these results.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 22/06/21, 17:29

But who is going to eat at these shit sellers? (Aside from idiots ...) 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/21, 17:30

Bin the French! : Cheesy:

Today, the Subway® brand is present in France with nearly 450 restaurants, making it the 2nd operator in the market in terms of number of restaurants. Subway® sells 6,8 million sandwiches per day in 100 countries, through its 42 restaurants, all managed by independent franchisees.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/12/23, 12:12

In France, as in most industrialized countries, food security 1 has often been taken for granted for a long time. The history of our food is that of continuous technical and material progress having taken us from an era of scarcity and dearth to a state of profusion. Several major facts, however, undermine this story. Our food system has moved away from its nurturing purpose, so much so that our food security is in reality far from being achieved and could even be permanently compromised without a rapid change in trajectory.
https://publications.resiliencealimentaire.org/
Download the report https://resiliencealimentaire.org/telec ... -national/
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"