Evolution of thought systems, myths and beliefs in history.

philosophical debates and companies.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Evolution of thought systems, myths and beliefs in history.

by sen-no-sen » 05/11/19, 17:33

eclectron wrote:The ego is the survival instinct, necessary and natural, proper to all living beings, who takes power on the whole cognitive sphere in humans (not obliged to do so…)
In other words, it is an idea among the chaos of ideas that emerge naturally in the mind, which claims to be the center, which claims to be the owner of the whole being. However the reality is that it is an idea among many others ...

I am not at all sure that the ego is the survival instinct in the strict sense in the sense that all living beings would be endowed with it which is clearly not the case.
Likewise it seems to me rather limiting to consider the ego as an idea.
The ego rather stems from the convergence of a set of cognitive parameters of which one would find the most archaic tendencies, the whole being overseen by a complex of ideas from which the notion of "I" would emerge.

For the sake of reciprocity and saving time, I would like an answer to this question:
Explaining society by thermodynamics, does it lead to the solution of society's problems?

The application of thermodynamics to society, within the framework of a political naturalism would have enabled us to avoid global warming and the current ecocidal phase ... Meadows on growth limits are based on what do you think?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/11/19, 17:52

What is possible, that the universe is + or - 6000 years old, or that there are morons to believe it? [*]
No, it is quite possible that people say that as others will say other cretineries like to believe that this universe is the result of a happy coincidence for example.
What is an Epinal image for you is very serious for others.
What does it matter? It is not what people believe or not that matters, but what they experience. When an individual manifests human qualities, believer or atheist, that is of no importance. For the rest it is speech that occupies people who have nothing else to do, especially the intolerant.
It's like the Auberge Rouge, the Loch Ness monster or the crop circles, for the first case, we know today that there was never a murder there, for two seconds, this are two hoaxes that have been revealed by their authors but despite everything, there are still crazy people who hang on to the brush!
I think you are doing a wrong syncretism! : Wink:

[*] among the subjects where I intervene the most, the vaccine myth is one of these cretineries in question and yet how many believe in it, out of fear, out of cultural conformism and it's well worth a Loch Ness, despite the mass of evidence showing that it is a PAC.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 05/11/19, 18:30

sen-no-sen wrote: I am not at all sure that the ego is the survival instinct in the strict sense in the sense that all living beings would be endowed with it which is clearly not the case.

That is what I am saying : roll: . All living beings have an instinct for survival and that is not the ego.
In humans, the survival instinct enters (can enter) the cognitive sphere and there it is open bar! he can benefit from all the mental faculties to express himself (ensure his survival) and he is clever the bugger : Lol:

sen-no-sen wrote:Likewise it seems to me rather limiting to consider the ego as an idea.

Ask yourself "who am I"? : Finally you, not me : Lol:

sen-no-sen wrote:The ego rather stems from the convergence of a set of cognitive parameters of which one would find the most archaic tendencies, the whole being overseen by a complex of ideas from which the notion of "I" would emerge.

We don't say the same but the general idea is the same.

sen-no-sen wrote:The application of thermodynamics to society, within the framework of political naturalism would have allowed us to avoid global warming and the current ecocidal phase ...

Ok so it remains bookish knowledge that does not deeply affect the individual.
Know that you can choose to take or not take. "On" being the ego which aims for its satisfaction. Sometimes it integrates the long term but very often the choice of the short term dominates.
Sorry, but the main actor seems to me the ego and the playing field, thermodynamics.
I feel responsible : Wink: rather than I am the toy of forces which exceed me. (which is true as long as one is unconscious)
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/11/19, 18:56

Janic wrote:
What does it matter? It is not what people believe or not that matters, but what they experience.

Yes, and when beliefs rule the lives of some, what do you say?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/11/19, 19:24

Janic wrote:
What does it matter? It is not what people believe or not that matters, but what they experience.
I did not write this short passage, but this one where each part is linked to the rest:

What does it matter? It is not what people believe or not that matters, but what they experience. As for an individual manifest human qualities, believer or atheist, It has no importance. For the rest it is speech that occupies people who have nothing else to do, especially the intolerant.
Yes, and when beliefs rule the lives of some, what do you say?
all individuals are led by beliefs with each difference from the others and it is up to each one to know if his choices are the right ones (according to his point of view obviously) So it is for politics in our country with its various proposals or in health (my hobby!) where there the free choice is rather restricted! :|
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/11/19, 19:49

Janic wrote:
Janic wrote:
I did not write this short passage, but this one where each part is linked to the rest:

What does it matter? It is not what people believe or not that matters, but what they experience. As for an individual manifest human qualities, believer or atheist, It has no importance. For the rest it is speech that occupies people who have nothing else to do, especially the intolerant.

Insofar as everyone "manifests human qualities", what I have not copied / pasted does not matter ... When you are born into a theocracy (example), you have no choice, especially when all the family is believing and conditions you from birth. No way to escape it.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/11/19, 20:42

eclectron wrote:Ok so it remains bookish knowledge that does not deeply affect the individual.
Know that you can choose to take or not take. "On" being the ego which aims for its satisfaction. Sometimes it integrates the long term but very often the choice of the short term dominates.
Sorry, but the main actor seems to me the ego and the playing field, thermodynamics.
I feel responsible : Wink: rather than I am the toy of forces which exceed me. (which is true as long as one is unconscious)

Bookish knowledge that allows you to communicate right now thanks to a gigantic electrical network, ego or not.
Without thermodynamic mastery we would not exist, we are all children of thermo-industrial society, our existence is correlated with oil wells and thermal machinery. So no, and still no it is not to know bookish but tough facts with gigantic implications.
As I had noted elsewhere, it is much more culture than ego, or consciousness that plays a role in society.
We can have all the awareness of the world and continue to live in energy debauchery.Primitive peoples are made up of individuals endowed with an ego just as strong as ours, but it is their culture that makes the difference. their awareness or their "egos".
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/11/19, 20:59

sen-no-sen wrote:
eclectron wrote:Ok so it remains bookish knowledge that does not deeply affect the individual.

Bookish knowledge that allows you to communicate right now thanks to a gigantic electrical network, ego or not.
Without thermodynamic mastery we would not exist, we are all children of thermo-industrial society, our existence is correlated with oil wells and thermal machinery. So no, and still no it is not to know bookish but tough facts with gigantic implications.
As I had noted elsewhere, it is much more culture than ego, or consciousness that plays a role in society.
We can have all the awareness of the world and continue to live in energy debauchery.Primitive peoples are made up of individuals endowed with an ego just as strong as ours, but it is their culture that makes the difference. their awareness or their "egos".

We are all children of the thermo-industrial society, certainly, but the result is that I hate my parents, I suffer them.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 06/11/19, 00:18

sen-no-sen wrote:
We can have all the awareness in the world and continue to live in energy debauchery.

Yes when the awareness is superficial, when the ego is not pierced.
Otherwise, no, when there are real realizations that touch being in depth ...
I hear a lot of people criticizing the emotional when, on the contrary, it is too repressed.
Our culture tends to create insensitive people and it is a great wrong, we are cut off from life.
It takes both sensitivity and reason, it is not contradictory but thought likes to cut, separate ...
By dint of cutting and separating, we are there, in front of our own wall.

sen-no-sen wrote:Primitive peoples are made up of individuals with an ego just as strong as ours, but it is their culture that makes the difference not their awareness or their "egos".

Bah yes, no merit on this point, for primitive peoples.
Being deeply affected can be a game-changer for people with an energy culture.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/11/19, 09:05

What does it matter? It is not what people believe or not that matters, but what they experience. As for an individual showing human qualities, believer or atheist, that is of no importance. For the rest it is speech that occupies people who have nothing else to do, especially the intolerant.
As everyone "demonstrates human qualities", what I didn't copy / paste doesn't matter ...
On the contrary, it is fundamental because otherwise it is a betrayal of the author's thought (me or anyone else, even you!)
When you are born into a theocracy (example), you have no choice, especially when the whole family is a believer and conditions you from birth. No way to escape it.
There it feels lived! However, this is not specific to this kind of situation, it is human nature which is expressed through these various channels. During Soviet communism it was the same situation, but conversely, with the prohibition of believing what conditioned children from birth. White cap, white cap.
0 x