Evolution of thought systems, myths and beliefs in history.

philosophical debates and companies.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Evolution of thought systems, myths and beliefs in history.

by humus » 10/01/22, 18:21

By definition everything that is built over time is not eternal. time implies birth and death.
An intangible part of the individual could survive physical death and have a longer life cycle but still over time.
I like this sentence: Only the unconsciousness of what one is reincarnates.
More clearly, as long as we do not live "to be nothing", we think to be someone, with his wounds, his preferences etc and possibly, after the physical death, "this unconsciousness" is reincarnated in another body, in a another environment, for a new experience aiming ultimately, the awareness of being nothing.

Is there a part of eternity in us and if so, what does it do once it no longer identifies with anything? I do not know.
Some say it joins the whole, the creative void ... vertiginous.
What I have just stated, I do not know from personal experience, therefore I do not know. : Wink:
It is a synthesis of "knowledge" which seems plausible to me.

Seen from here below, we don't know much. : Wink:
"I do not know" and above all "I do not seek to know", "I do not seek to last", would open the door to this knowledge.
the fear of dying, the fear of disappearing blocks all exploration.

Still porridge for cats? : Wink:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 10/01/22, 18:36

humus wrote:

Regarding the last two messages on the thread: Yes, more and more, and again, not sure the cats would eat it.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 10/01/22, 18:39

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
humus wrote:

Regarding the last two messages on the thread: Yes, more and more, and again, not sure the cats would eat it.

Your answer suggests that you know.
So what do you have to say in a positive and less terse way?

I forgot to mention those who have experiences where they believe they have seen it all, understood it all, while still in the grip of their limited selves. the game is not that simple.
I like another sentence: when we want to intensely transfer an experience, the brain makes us live it.
and that I know it I lived it.
That is to say that when we already have an idea of ​​the unknown, the brain gives us satisfaction, we experience this unknown that we more or less already know. : Mrgreen:
In short, one more illusion, but some are happy with that and beat their lives on it. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/01/22, 18:51

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:Like going from GuyGadebois to GuyGadeboisLeRetour.

Who could indeed believe that it is the same person? What a cover-up ... Poor idiot, go and empty your pocket. : Evil:

Non sequitur, old burne, learn to think.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 10/01/22, 18:56

Exnihiloest wrote: old ball

Roohh the two of you are really intimate : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 11/01/22, 08:57

Krishnamurti - What is awakening?

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/01/22, 20:44

humus wrote:By definition everything that is built over time is not eternal. time implies birth and death.
An intangible part of the individual could survive physical death and have a longer life cycle but still over time.
I like this sentence: Only the unconsciousness of what one is reincarnates.
More clearly, as long as we do not live "to be nothing", we think to be someone, with his wounds, his preferences etc and possibly, after the physical death, "this unconsciousness" is reincarnated in another body, in a another environment, for a new experience aiming ultimately, the awareness of being nothing.

Is there a part of eternity in us and if so, what does it do once it no longer identifies with anything? I do not know.
Some say it joins the whole, the creative void ... vertiginous.
What I have just stated, I do not know from personal experience, therefore I do not know. : Wink:
It is a synthesis of "knowledge" which seems plausible to me.

Seen from here below, we don't know much. : Wink:
"I do not know" and above all "I do not seek to know", "I do not seek to last", would open the door to this knowledge.
the fear of dying, the fear of disappearing blocks all exploration.

It depends if we accept (or not) to enter the poetic dimension (if it's not too insulting we could almost say “spiritual” in the sense of the spirit and not religious which remains for me something “private” I understand myself ...) even symbolic (but what does it matter if in benevolence these notions come together to form only one which we do not have still maybe not found the “complete definition” (?) It is not a question nor a judgment, nor something definitive, do we understand well ... 8) : Wink:

So starting from the subjective dimension of things of the mind of which we should not see only the “rational” aspect (for once ...) I would say that your words above demonstrate a rather astonishing depth of your mental research involving the mind and are of great depth and value (for you and for those who understand them). You modestly and quite simply remind me of the time during which I indulged in such conceptual experiments. You are here in a dimension "without limit" ... And you have at least one person here who understood what you expressed (or at least the effort of expression of ideas that you slept on the screen to achieve this).

Note one point: This type of approach should not put you in a position to let criticism take you, you expose yourself a lot by publishing it. In “creativity” seminars we always say that:
- “the production of ideas for concepts, brainstorming, and other situations of intellectual production should never be subjected to criticism during the process of mental materialization"

Because it is very destructive and deconstructs thought!
It can be subject to criticism, but at a later stage and from people who are caring and whom you trust 200%.
Maybe not in a forum, or else they have to be reflections for you for a long time and you have to be armored.

So no, I don't see it as “porridge for cats” (at least not me) and I want to congratulate you (I don't give you “good points” eh, I am gratifying here just what I see .)
Last edited by Obamot the 11 / 01 / 22, 20: 49, 1 edited once.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/01/22, 20:47

In the Middle Ages, it was not believed that the Earth was flat. A fake news invented by Voltaire

In the Middle Ages, the Earth was round https://www.franceculture.fr/histoire/a ... tait-ronde
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/01/22, 20:52

Guys, here we are in a thread that must allow all kinds of great variations, and to say unlimited variations!
So put your criticisms on the back burner ... eh!
humus wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote: old ball

Roohh the two of you are really intimate : Mrgreen:
mdr : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/01/22, 08:26

the roundness of the earth, as well as that of the other planets, posed a question of the order of physics: how objects and especially liquids could they hold on the surface of a sphere without falling into the vacuum, answer given belatedly by Newton. So a vision of a circular but flat earth, even hollow.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré