environmental terrorism

philosophical debates and companies.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: environmental terrorism

by Exnihiloest » 30/12/22, 18:30

gegyx wrote:No of your underpants.

Don't encroach on my laundry lady's flowerbeds, please. Crashes seem to me to be your specialty, I have a job as an apprentice gardener if you feel like it, the castle park is vast, I talk to my steward about it.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 30/12/22, 19:37

Exnihiloest wrote:
izentrop wrote:...while the big bosses are the fraudsters and profiteers of the crisis. This kind of action actually suits them. : Twisted:

The problem is the policies. The cretins of Europe have indexed energies on each other!
That said, if you're not happy, do your own thing rather than complain. The big bosses don't force you to buy their electricity. They are even obliged to pay a high price for the one you reinject into the network!

It is not stupidity that indexes energies to others but their use in a communicating vessel network, it is like the stock market there are indexations everywhere, because as for an investment, the electricity market follows a logic of return financial and puts its assets on the profitable at the moment T.
Even with the smart people of Europe, we could not have at the same time the luxury of buying electricity from our neighbor without having to build the power plant ourselves and not suffer the average increase in electricity prices. electricity in Europe.
The correlation is physical and technological, certainly not political
2 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 30/12/22, 21:03

SebastianL wrote:...
It is not stupidity that indexes energies to others but their use in a communicating vessel network, it is like the stock market there are indexations everywhere, because as for an investment, the electricity market follows a logic of return financial and puts its assets on the profitable at the moment T.
Even with the smart people of Europe, we could not have at the same time the luxury of buying electricity from our neighbor without having to build the power plant ourselves and not suffer the average increase in electricity prices. electricity in Europe.
The correlation is physical and technological, certainly not political

It's political. I read here:
https://www.sirenergies.com/article/pou ... il-du-gaz/

"A European market mechanism erasing regional energy mixes
Wholesale prices on energy markets are set to marginal costs.

That is to say that at any time the market price is equal to the production cost of the most expensive power station of the entire European interconnected network, even if the share of production of this plant represents a tiny part of total production, because this wholesale price formation mechanism is independent of the quantities produced
."

It is enough that the part of gas, more and more expensive, is very important to the production of electricity somewhere in Europe, so that in France where this is not the case, the prices increase all the same! I call it "dumbness".
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 30/12/22, 21:08

Yes, but if you don't have this "cretinery" of a market indexed to the price of storage, you don't have the allocation to build and run the storage, therefore a network with black out.
The only political trick in this case is to have decided to cut off cheap Russian gas without having taken the measure that all our storage investments were leveraged on gas
3 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 30/12/22, 23:38

In fact it's more vicious than just the storage allocation.
From what I understand of this electricity market, we must remember the origin of this solution.
Before, we had variations in demand and therefore we had backups.
The backup is expensive because it is used very little so it needed a way to skim the less profitable machines through an economic signal.
Suddenly the merit order works, it remunerates a maximum of low-cost productions thanks to a few peaks in demand, and then the backups at the end of the race are no longer financed by the community, or at least a political-technical arbitration is made for choose which requires the smallest check.
We quickly ended up with an efficient and inexpensive gas turbine.

But that was before, now with ENR it's a hassle because the merit-order always pays a maximum for cheap productions such as ENR outside the guaranteed buy-back agreement, and at the same time these same ENR production means lead to the the need for gas turbines, which nevertheless often operate at the same time as storage and therefore over-remunerate, like an amplifying loop, renewable energies via merit order.
The snake is dead in its tail, the price signal no longer regulates anything, and it is always more profitable to make ENR, there is easy money to be made, we are silent and nothing moves until the crisis!

We could say that ultimately it would be enough to subsidize the "base" of the gas turbines which work best and often, that will lower the price of electricity mechanically but suddenly the price is purely political since it depends on the part that we agree to subsidize.
In addition, if we subsidize gas turbines, there is unfair competition for any other type of innovative storage and we remain stuck with gas!

In short, this market is in total PLS, and with the capacity certificates I don't see what is fundamentally changing
2 x