Eleusis ... card game

philosophical debates and companies.
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Eleusis ... card game

by thibr » 02/03/19, 08:55

A description of the ELEUSIS card game. which is unique in that the goal of the game is to discover the rules of the game. It is also a beautiful metaphor for scientific research, because the players must find strategies to guess the rules of the game, to propose their theories , and subject them to peer review. If life on this planet was just a game, maybe the object of the game is to find out the rules of the game. ❖ Quote from Douglas Adams, in "Le Guide du Routard Galactique". "According to one theory, the day someone finds out exactly how the Universe works, what it is used for, and why it is there, the said Universe will instantly disappear and be replaced by something considerably more. bizarre and inexplicable. According to another theory, it has in fact already happened. "

I found it interesting 8)
1 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Eleusis ... card game

by thibr » 22/12/20, 18:44

Eleusis 2.0: http://eleusis-2.web.app Louis, Thibaut, Christophe and I play Eleusis 2.0, where we have to bet credences to maximize our score

It's your turn : Wink:
1 x
Christophe

Re: Eleusis ... card game

by Christophe » 23/12/20, 12:53

I still haven't understood the rules !!! : Mrgreen: Ysontfous ysontfous!!

What does Perceval think of it? : Mrgreen:

uhttps: //www.novethic.fr/actualite/econ ... 49322.html

I would certainly understand these 6 better:

Six eco-friendly (and funny) board games to put under the tree for Christmas

This is one of the benefits of confinement: board games have had a historic year. We meet with family or friends to play a game of Monopoly, World of Warcraft or… Pandemic. But what if we took the opportunity to simulate the ecological transition and learn the right actions while having fun? Here are five responsible games for all ages!

Little Coopération: to talk about ecology and climate change to toddlers

With Little Coopération, ecological awareness begins at an early age by starting from one of the most striking illustrations of climate change: the melting ice pack in the Arctic which threatens animals. The game consists of helping them take shelter in an igloo by crossing a bridge before the ice melts it. Here, it's the cooperation that counts and everyone is in the same boat: we win or lose, together. Children, even very young, become aware of the concrete effect of climate change and of the need to face it together. From 3 to 5 years old.

Epopia: the epistolary epic in the heart of a nature reserve

Dive into the heart of a nature reserve, discovering rare or extinct animals, the beauty of nature and the fragility of ecosystems. Thanks to an epistolary role-playing game, your child propelled to the head of Choupiland will have to make big decisions, solve puzzles and help the residents of this large animal park to the best of their ability. The original format spreads out the game over 6 to 12 months with small monthly packages containing mission letters, activities to be carried out, friendship bracelets, necklaces, badges or diplomas. It allows children to embark on the great adventure of nature… and of writing! At the end, a book compiling the child's answers retraces the whole story. Different scenarios and universes are offered depending on the reading level and the age of the child, from 5 to 10 years old.

The (almost) Zero Waste Family: when waste hunting becomes a game

Here, the goal of the game is not to capture territories or blow up planes but to eliminate as much garbage as possible. With a sleight of hand, the game box becomes a 3D house in which players move from room to room using a dice. To get rid of their waste, they have to answer questions like "What is the most polluted river in the world?" Or win duels: "Each in turn, name an insect. The first to give the cat its tongue loses ". A pleasant and funny way to educate children ... as well as adults about zero waste! In the same vein, the Défi nature, from the same publisher (Bioviva) is a hit. From the age of 8

Megawatts, become the manager of an electricity network

In the Megawatt board game, each player heads a consortium responsible for supplying electricity to cities in a country. For this, we will have to buy power plants at auction. Often coal or oil-fired power plants will not be expensive but require a lot of resources to operate, while wind turbines will produce a little less energy but will be more profitable in the long run. As for the Grail, it will of course be fusion. There is no climatic aspect in this German game which dates from 2008, but it gives an idea of ​​the question of resources and their limited quantity. From 12 years old.

Seeds of resilience, the survival game that allows you to understand planetary limits

This video game, developed by a small Breton company, allows you to understand how human actions impact their environment. At the starting point of the story, the survivors of a shipwreck arrive on a desert island and must do everything to survive. Eating, finding accommodation, developing agricultural activities… the missions are numerous, but the island's resources are not infinite. If the player does not take his environment into account, new disasters can happen. Seeds of resilience is an allegory of the real world and planetary limits. It allows us to understand, in a simple way, why the excessive use of natural resources puts the whole planet at risk. For all age groups.
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"