Massive destruction, geopolitical hunger (J. Ziegler)

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Massive destruction, geopolitical hunger (J. Ziegler)

by Christophe » 21/01/13, 17:58

Small interview of 15 minutes here:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/13, 00:23

Ziegler about the same book in this evening or never:

0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/06/13, 18:42

Hello

Very few comments on the forum ?
He denounces the origin of the problem and the helplessness, or the complicity of the governments, of the elected representatives in this cartel of the food of agriculture.
These cartels are formed in other fields, energy metallurgical industry, finance, it is to ask if all these differrent roots do not converge towards the same tree which pumps all the resources on earth, without scruple.

Sometimes I wonder if we are not so guilty of looking at saying nothing, doing nothing, not putting pressure on our elected officials? Like our parents who knew in the 40 years and who was scared .. Yet (the figures announced are dreadful 37000 people per day is starving, be 13,5millions not years.)
Nobody talks about it encrypted, few cineastes have made movies .. more salesman making movies about the last world war.
It is a reality that some leaders who control the world diet decide who will live, who will die, a programmed genocide kept silent in the era of the internet, and the powerful means of media.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/13, 20:08

It's not fake André !!

: Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/13, 16:31

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/10/13, 15:03

Andre, you write:
These cartels are formed in other fields, energy, the metallurgical industry, finance, it is wondering if all these different roots do not converge on the same tree that pumps all the resources on earth, unscrupulous .

Isn't this quite simply what we call "capitalism" and one of its main characteristics, extractivism? 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/10/13, 18:12

Ahmed wrote:Isn't this quite simply what we call "capitalism" and one of its main characteristics, extractivism?

If you allow me:
Is this not just what we call "exponentialism"and one of its main characteristic, extractivism? 8)
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/10/13, 19:31

"Exponentialism" could indeed be considered a synonym of "capitalism", but why dismiss a term sanctioned by history?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/10/13, 19:46

Ahmed wrote:"Exponentialism" could indeed be considered a synonym of "capitalism", but why dismiss a term sanctioned by history?

Maybe because the same story has had competing models like communism, for example, and given exactly the same thing, but in different ways.

China under Mao was not very capitalist, yet the will to grow at any cost and by any means (more than 50 million victims) was there.
It is for this reason that I prefer to borrow the term "economic exponentialism" because this one takes on a scientific character not tainted with ideology.

The anti-capitalist parties are making harsh criticisms of capitalism - as their name suggests - but clearly understand that the solution would be in ... communism!

Capitalism and communism are in fact two ideologies underpinned by the exponentialism which has its roots in a set of biological, ethological, sociological, thermodynamic and economic causes! :|
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/10/13, 21:34

Our (slight) discrepancy is that I personally amalgamated liberal capitalism and state capitalism * under the same label, which is why I do not feel the need to introduce derivative terminology.
This notion of "capitalism" seems very clear to me, which is not the case for everyone because serious confusion is frequent: capitalism is not reduced to the lure of profit or the desire for accumulation, behavior very old and linked to personal inclinations, but by no means systemic.

China under Mao tried to walk in the footsteps of the USSR ... the rivalry of the latter with the US shows the proximity of the two approaches: two truly different ideologies are immeasurable...

As for the "anti-capitalist parties", if they are so virulent in their criticisms, it is to better recognize implicitly the merits of the capitalism mode of production, since, by an incredible misunderstanding, everyone could benefit from it! **

* Which corresponds well to your "two different paths", in fact two variations of the same phenomenon.
** Here again who could meditate with great profit the maxim of Bossuet!
0 x