Collapsology ... kezako?

philosophical debates and companies.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Collapsology ... kezako?

by humus » 19/11/21, 19:52

ABC2019 wrote:that's what I actually thought. You play the one who does not understand but you understand the realities very well. You don't accept them, that's all.

Lost. I do not play the one who does not understand, I understood the situation very well, I know the real.
Well done you finally understood that I do not accept reality current : Arrow: Hence, we do not revolt enough.
I find it takes a while to get up there, but after all, you must have been a sheep all your life, so conceiving of imaginaries opposed to yours is difficult for you.
Remember that I don't accept reality CURRENT and I consider the realistic POSSIBLES.
and you, obviously the current reality suits you, even you endorse it. ( : Arrow: criminal in addition! : Mrgreen: )
Your strong argument being that you do not see what else we can do by dismissing out of hand everything we can present to you as an opening or as a contradiction.
I call this the "old jerk" mode of communication. Is this your case?
This is why it is unproductive to exchange with you since there is no exchange, you do not listen to the other and twist almost everything.

ABC2019 wrote:So your "in theory it's doable", I don't understand the meaning.

This means that nothing is opposed to it in principle with current technologies.

ABC2019 wrote:For me, if nobody knows how to do it, I say that it is not doable.

Isn't it feasible to build a gigantic ring in space? nuclear powered in space?
You'll get your antimatter, even if it doesn't seem rational to me to do so.
You might as well use nuclear energy directly, right?
Everything I have just described is technically feasible, but at what material cost, at what energy cost, at what financial cost?
It is therefore theoretically feasible but in practice it is of no interest.
Well, it's not me who wants an antimatter spaceship, it's you : Lol:

ABC2019 wrote:
Except that everything I say is more basic, theoretically feasible and the technique allows it to be done.
We know how to make H2, we know how to make vehicles with H2, there is nothing extraterrestrial about it.

but MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE. And much more expensive, that means that we would produce much less, because much less people could afford it. It's like yachts or private jets, no problem, we know how to do it.

But not for everyone.

https://www.hyundai.com/fr/modeles/nexo
Don't be kidding, you know very well that it is the volume of production that drives prices down.

ABC2019 wrote:Again, the goal is not to divide resource consumption by 4. That's easy, you just have to make people 4 times poorer, basically. The goal is to know if we can have the SAME wealth with 4 times less resources; Do you understand that it is VERY different? and that if it is not possible, it will be necessary to considerably reduce its consumption, and that nobody really wants that?

And always to twist the reality: it is not to divide by 4 the consumption of resources but to divide by 4 the consumption of resources non-renewable.
But I am aware that this would have caused a drop in the average standard of living.
It is the price to pay to be sustainable for more than a century, it is a choice, we did not make it.
But today this scenario is dead, even if we wanted to, it's too late!
In theory it's always possible : Mrgreen:
But in practice, the consumption of non-renewable resources should be voluntarily divided by X >> 4.
So we won't do it, but nature will do it for us without qualms. : Mrgreen: in suffering and chaos for us.

Unless Gunter Pauli's blue economy offers other perspectives : Arrow: produce negative waste.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 19/11/21, 20:27

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:that's what I actually thought. You play the one who does not understand but you understand the realities very well. You don't accept them, that's all.

Lost. I do not play the one who does not understand, I understood the situation very well, I know the real.
Well done you finally understood that I do not accept reality current : Arrow: Hence, we do not revolt enough.
I find it takes a while to get up there, but after all, you must have been a sheep all your life, so conceiving of imaginaries opposed to yours is difficult for you.
Remember that I don't accept reality CURRENT and I consider the realistic POSSIBLES.
and you, obviously the current reality suits you,

not at all, it is completely stupid to say that, why would I be happy to think that the disappearance of resources risks plunging humanity into poverty? do you think that makes me happy for my children and my grandchildren? Do you also think it makes me happy to know that I'm going to die on this account? (and you too ?)

The death of civilizations is like the death of individuals, it's just a reality that we have to accept, that's all. If you could prove to me that it was possible to maintain our standard of living without fossils, I would be very happy. It's just that you didn't give me any credible argument, just your belief.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 19/11/21, 20:30

humus wrote:But I am aware that this would have caused a drop in the average standard of living.
It is the price to pay to be sustainable for more than a century, it is a choice, we did not make it.

and why should we have done it? Are you ready to divide by 4 the money you spend to leave it to your children, are you?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/11/21, 07:51

ABC2019 wrote:
humus wrote:But I am aware that this would have caused a drop in the average standard of living.

and why should we have done it? Are you ready to divide by 4 the money you spend to leave it to your children, are you?

Again and again your twists of reality, twists in the way you pose the problems.

Do you feel that your remark reflects the reality of the problem posed?

I'm not interested in responding to your twists because they are endless.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 20/11/21, 08:01

humus wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:

Again and again your twists of reality, twists in the way you pose the problems.

Do you feel that your remark reflects the reality of the problem posed?

yes, that is exactly the problem. We are asking to deprive ourselves now for our successors. And again, your children, you know them and you care about them (a priori), this is about letting people consume about whom you know nothing and you don't know what they are going to do with their income.
0 x

humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/11/21, 08:20

money cannot be eaten, money is not the problem.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/11/21, 08:51

Thanks to zero waste, Andrée has solved her money problems!

Seven years ago, Andrée Nieuwjaer, 65, set out with her husband Guy in zero waste. In the grip of big money worries, she finds in this lifestyle the perfect way to finally get her head out of the water.

This Roubaisienne gives us today all her advice and tips to move towards zero waste on a daily basis, whether in food, household products or even the toilet!

0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/11/21, 10:32

humus wrote:money cannot be eaten, money is not the problem.

rather that's the problem (divergent interests) : Arrowd: and non-renewable resources.
economie-finance / understanding-the-world-we-live-in-t16917-310.html # p475179
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/11/21, 11:30

humus wrote:This Roubaisienne gives us today all her advice and tips to move towards zero waste on a daily basis, whether in food, household products or even the toilet!
Too bad to do without greedy enzymes for laundry. https://www.magazine-avantages.fr/,lave ... ,14443.asp
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/11/21, 12:56

izmentrop
Too bad to do without greedy enzymes for laundry.
ah, ah, ah, the funny one! the enzymes in question end up in the environment without being mastered since the 60s. Their only advantage is to reduce the usual temperature of the laundry
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Society and Philosophy"