The universal basic income or income: operating debate

philosophical debates and companies.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Basic income or universal income: functioning, debate

by Macro » 07/12/20, 10:20

Remundo wrote:the heart of the matter is all the same to pay people for nothing ... and in addition to housing them, looking after them ... it's ambitious.

At this stage it is no longer ambition ...

Even Jesus he only succeeded in multiplying the bread and transforming water into wine ....
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 07/12/20, 14:07

Remundo wrote:ah because you think that the GAFA will invest to pay the UK of the French?

Whatever.

I explain that the State must recover the tax supposedly unpaid by the GAFAs, whether they want it or not. Nothing to do with the absurd idea that the GAFAs should invest in the UK. Do you intend to twist everything that is said for a long time?

the heart of the matter is all the same to pay people for nothing ... and in addition to housing them, looking after them ... it's ambitious.

It is just as false, still the fallacy of the scarecrow, whereas I have just explained that it is a basic minimum which will absolutely not prevent the activity. Just one way to be able to stay more zen.
Your vision of work seems to me to date from the last century.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/12/20, 14:35

Remundo must be approaching sixty ... Like me, I'm approaching fifty ... Indeed ... We started to work in the last century ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 07/12/20, 17:21

It's funny, when it comes to funding public services or providing a livelihood to those who find themselves without income, the reaction is always the same: but how do you finance?

But when it comes to spinning billions to banks and big companies without counterpart, under the pretext that they will invest and that it will trickle down to the rest of society (spoiler alert: this is not the case, the money goes directly into finance), that's normal, the question of funding does not even arise.

Remundo wrote:the heart of the matter is all the same to pay people for nothing ... and in addition to housing them, looking after them ... it's ambitious.
Well, it's already working for speculators, they don't do anything useful for society, and they live very well.
0 x
Sarbocola
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sarbocola » 07/12/20, 20:27

What do I think of universal income?
I think that with this income, there will be no family allowance, social security or RSA.
It will be one or the other and it will be necessary to choose.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/12/20, 22:15

Exnihiloest wrote:
Remundo wrote:ah because you think that the GAFA will invest to pay the UK of the French?

Whatever.

I explain that the State must recover the tax supposedly unpaid by the GAFAs, whether they want it or not. Nothing to do with the absurd idea that the GAFAs should invest in the UK. Do you intend to twist everything that is said for a long time?

And how will the State go about imposing (in the fiscal sense) activities relocated around the world and under American law? Do you want me to inform you about the extraterritoriality of American law and the fierce economic war they are waging on the rest of the planet?

It is just as false, still the fallacy of the scarecrow, whereas I have just explained that it is a basic minimum which will absolutely not prevent the activity. Just one way to be able to stay more zen.
Your vision of work seems to me to date from the last century.

ZERO fallacy in my sentence; the principle of the UK is to pay people who do nothing, even if a few will perhaps activate.

The last century said: all effort deserves pay, the UK says: all idleness gives pay. Indeed there is a little difference, but above all we feel that the few efforts will be poorly paid ... while carelessness will be rewarded.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 08/12/20, 08:51

Sarbocolo wrote:What do I think of universal income?
I think that with this income, there will be no family allowance, social security or RSA.
It will be one or the other and it will be necessary to choose.

Yes and this is normal, this simplifies and therefore limits the fraud and eliminates services that will no longer be used.
This makes it possible to free up time and strength to live and especially consume differently.
If we don't question our education system, and our way of life, it will be useless.
1 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 08/12/20, 09:00

Remundo, we have to review our way of thinking.
For example, any effort deserves pay, this is a stupid phrase invented by the rich to make the poor work for sometimes a pittance.
We are no longer there, we are working too much since the planet's resources no longer allow this headlong rush.
Work as practiced should be declared a crime against humanity.
It is urgent to review our relationship to work.
We have to distribute resources as equitably as possible, otherwise the jolt will solve the problem.
1 x
Sarbocola
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Sarbocola » 08/12/20, 09:41

phil53 wrote:Yes and this is normal, this simplifies and therefore limits the fraud and eliminates services that will no longer be used.
This makes it possible to free up time and strength to live and especially consume differently.
If we don't question our education system, and our way of life, it will be useless.

Hello.
It is true that this would make savings for the public service but, if there is no longer social security, a large part of the universal income will be reserved for the prices of drugs.
Therefore, we will have the same prices as in the United States.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/20, 09:47

Remundo wrote:the heart of the matter is all the same to pay people for nothing ...

Funny to have such a liberal opinion on your part ... Because some would claim the same thing about national education! : Mrgreen:

And it is not true: the UK is to ensure a minimum vital to live ... to better flourish elsewhere!

With an RU at 800 € ... You can be content and live in sobriety or combine it with a job ...

But is the point of life to binge like a pig and hoard as much as possible? What purpose ? The consumption ? The patrimony ? What does all this induce? So the activity of plundering resources ... Why? Why ? For stealthy personal self-satisfaction? To show others that you have the biggest _____ (complete as you wish)?

In this sense I agree with the opinion of phil53 ... We must stop reasoning by work / money: we must slow down! Obviously the Macro.n in power does not set a good example ... but the covid will help us a lot! : Mrgreen:

ps: some, more numerous than one think, regretted the communist period of the USSR!
0 x