philosophical debates and companies.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Are we alone in the Universe?

by phil59 » 02/03/20, 19:55

I know we are not alone, I am at least 2 ... !!! : Lol: : Mrgreen:
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/06/22, 00:38

0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/06/22, 19:52

Sometimes I drive on roads, and don't meet people for 15 minutes...

There are signs on the road, that a civilization exists, or has existed recently....

but I reassure myself, my wife is in the car. I'm not alone....

Sometimes you take a road, and there's nothing at the end... And we turn around....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/23, 22:16

Interesting !!

https://dailygeekshow.com/technologie-apogee-univers/

Technology in the Universe would have reached its peak 6 billion years ago

Humanity is among the last intelligent civilizations to emerge in the Universe, which experienced its peak of complex life 6 billion years ago, a new study suggests. This period would have been favored by the existence of certain types of supermassive black holes at the heart of galaxies, which would have stimulated the formation of potentially habitable stars and planets.

BLACK HOLES CONDUCIVE TO LIFE

Study author David Garofalo of Kennesaw State University in Georgia is an expert on supermassive black holes, those cosmic objects that have a mass equivalent to millions or billions of suns and that found at the center of galaxies. According to him, these black holes have an influence on the probability of advanced life in galaxies, depending on their interaction with the surrounding gas.

Garofalo explains that some supermassive black holes have the ability to create jets of matter and energy that can eject gas out of galaxies or back towards the center. These jets can thus regulate the formation of stars and planets in galaxies, by increasing or decreasing the quantity of gas available.

A PEAK OF LIFE 6 BILLION YEARS AGO
Garofalo used Drake's equation, a formula that estimates the number of intelligent extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way, taking into account different factors like star formation rate, fraction of stars with planets , the fraction of habitable planets, etc. He extended this equation to the entire observable Universe and sought to determine when and where the conditions were most favorable for the emergence of complex life.

He thus concluded that the peak of life in the Universe would have occurred 6 billion years ago, when isolated elliptical galaxies were more numerous. These galaxies are red galaxies which have a low metallicity (that is to say a small proportion of elements heavier than hydrogen and helium) but which have benefited from the fresh gas brought by the fusion with other galaxies. This gas would have allowed the formation of new stars and planets rich in elements necessary for life.

(...)
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/06/23, 07:43

dream, pure fantasy... as usual
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/23, 09:30

You're sure ?

Personally, I wasn't there 6 billion years ago!

And don't forget that Star Wars takes place...in the past! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/06/23, 09:33

Me what I know... It's that it's not the most favorable black hole to give life... : Mrgreen:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/23, 09:36

Mekilekon!!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/06/23, 09:55

And in addition... Young people have panda libidos.... Between 18 and 25 1 year without a sexual partner... Yeah... There is a very very very big problem...

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/video/actuali ... 3564&ei=87
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/06/23, 10:50

some black holes make jets of matter which are still a subject of in-depth study. : Idea:
1 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"