Are we alone in the Universe?

philosophical debates and companies.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Are we alone in the Universe?

by Janic » 05/01/19, 20:18

In short if someone has another hypothesis?
too forced on Cognac or other similar products?
Your observation is not unique, so you are not crazy! 8)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/19, 20:35

Uh yes there are a lot of alcoholics ... but there no since my son was young! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Janic wrote:Your observation is not unique, so you are not crazy! 8)

That is to say?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/01/19, 20:49

... since there were two of you observing the same thing.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 05/01/19, 21:02

Christophe wrote:If some have an explanation for the following observation, now that I think about it I had never talked about it here.

Made in late July 2017 a little before midnight. (I could find the exact date)

a) I watched the sky with my son as I often do
b) We saw what I thought to be a satellite: luminosity of a star with a straight path at constant speed
c) Trajectory almost full south (already not very common but read more)
d) Location: 25 km north of Sedan
e) The object stopped and became a "fixed star" impossible to distinguish it from others
f) The deceleration was done, at arm's length, over a distance of about 3-4 cm in 2 or 3 seconds ...

The most credible explanation (the only one in fact) that I found is the installation of a geostationary satellite but the physical numbers do not stick!

Indeed, at 36000 km instead of 400 km gives a very important speed of the order of 2 km / h or 430 km / s since at 000 km the satellites are at around 675 km / h. (estimate made with a simple triangle and Thales ...)

And above all an even greater slowdown: if we assume that it was done over 3 seconds, this implies a slowdown of (675-3) / 3 = 224 km / s² or 23 G! : Mrgreen: 3 km / s is the speed of geostationary satellites

In short, impossible! The truth is elsewhere!

In short if someone has another hypothesis?

You can't see geostationary satellites with the naked eye. And the problem with your observation is that you don't know the distance from the object to you. So nothing allows you to say how fast the "machine" was going, assuming that there was one (what the eye sees are only photons, which can as well come from an object as constitute a projected image or be a reflection).
The fact that it stops is also an assumption. If it was a meteorite arriving tangentially enough to the earth so that we have time to see it, and it decays, then a star in the background that we then take for the object can give the printing of a judgment.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/19, 09:31

It is not false:

: Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/19, 09:33

Exnihiloest wrote:The fact that it stops is also an assumption. If it was a meteorite arriving tangentially enough to the earth so that we have time to see it, and it decays, then a star in the background that we then take for the object can give the printing of a judgment.

It was too slow for a meteorite and no tail ...

Yes for the star in the background ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/19, 12:19

The US Navy confirms for the first time the authenticity of videos unveiled in 2017 and filmed by fighter planes: we see light forms moving at high speed. Strictly speaking, UFOs

https://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/espace/ ... ies_137435
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/09/19, 12:23

At the same time, it's footage! : Mrgreen:
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 04/02/20, 14:49

Exnihiloest wrote:You can't see geostationary satellites with the naked eye.

False:
One can easily observe the passage of satellites in the sky with the naked eye. Indeed, artificial satellites in orbit around the Earth reflect light from the Sun to the Earth at certain times. It is at this moment that we can see a satellite pass. The best times to make these observations are 1 to 2 hours after bedtime or before sunrise.
http://astrobreuillet.free.fr/observation.php?id=4

Geostationary satellites (telecommunications or meteorological):

They orbit 36 km, which places them exactly vertical to a place. This distance farther than that of the ISS gives them a much lower apparent luminosity. In a clear sky, they reveal themselves like small white dots like very distant stars, fixed in the sky.

The Iridiums:

Other type of telecommunications satellites also circulating in a low Earth orbit **. If they are visible only intermittently, they produce an intense, albeit fleeting light (lasting only a few seconds), which may surprise the observer: the Sun reflecting on their three aluminum antennas. As with the other satellites which have been previously presented, the orbit of these satellites is perfectly known. It is therefore quite possible to predict their position and spot them in the sky by consulting sites such as: http://www.heavens-above.com/

https://www.poledesetoiles.fr/blog/ciel-nocturne/
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/02/20, 16:23

1 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"