The post-Coronavirus world

philosophical debates and companies.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: After Coronavirus

by Janic » 14/01/21, 18:53

Christophe "14/01/21, 17:47

Sorry Janic, I don't spend my time with hopeless cases ... he claims his arm can grow back? Ok ... Next! Maybe in a few decades yes ... but not today ...
Take the context where he expresses an act of faith and where he affirms that he cannot certify NeitherHowever, it is clear.The only criticism, indeed, is that it expresses an act of religious faith when it is not the place to do so.
Too bad, once again, that you let yourself be caught in the trap of the same kind of speech (and by the same for that matter) as on the principle of vaccination which also comes from the same act of faith in a miraculous means that would save the individuals of a possible disease without doing anything other than to be injected with a kind of extraordinary product like a host or a baptism of "holy" water, all acts of faith too.
and I do not believe in the hosts, nor in holy waters for that matter, which have undergone the same distortions of meaning as what is reproached to this C.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/21, 21:47

0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/02/21, 21:48

I am basing myself on the title (without having seen the videos): Aren't we already in a global pandemic?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/21, 21:51

The video dates from 2018 precisely :)
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/02/21, 21:56

Christophe wrote:The video dates from 2018 precisely :)

Aaaaaaahhhh! Yes, but...
Coronavirus: Did Professor Raoult predict the pandemic in 2003?

In 2003, Professor Didier Raoult submitted a report warning of the risk of the appearance of respiratory diseases and a global pandemic.

Sometimes controversial, sometimes adulated. If Professor Didier Raoult, director of the IHU Méditerranée Infection in Marseille, at the origin of the use of chloroquine as a treatment for Covid-19, is not unanimous, he nevertheless correctly predicted the situation of current health crisis ... 17 years ahead.
A report and a warning

Le Parisien reveals that the professor had made a "premonitory" report to the Ministry of Health in 2003 in which he mentioned "the risk of the appearance of mutants of respiratory viruses, in particular the flu".

A nearly 400-page report in which he drew attention to possible future illnesses. "A new influenza mutant appeared in 1999 in Hong Kong. This virus of avian origin, frequently fatal, was quickly able to be controlled but the next influenza mutant may not be," Didier Raoult warned then, stressing that with air travel and population density the "pooling of a virus transmissible by respiratory route" would be "extremely rapid".
"At the time, I preached in the desert"

At the time, the doctor also affirmed that "our preparation in the face of these chaotic events is weak", requiring the implementation of barrier gestures such as "to carry out information campaigns among the public, but also among nursing staff, on the basic concepts of hygiene in order to revive the cleaning of hands in hospitals, the wearing of masks, the isolation of contagious patients ".

Today, it is clear that his predictions have proven to be correct. "At the time, I preached in the desert and had the impression that I was taken for a fool, but I finally succeeded in building the infectious disease station in Marseille that I advised to do" he confides. he at the Parisian.

François Mattei, the former Minister of Health who had received the professor's report remembers this document: "It fell in the middle of the heat wave of 2003, which blocked certain health decisions and this report passed to second plan "he admits.

https://www.pleinevie.fr/sante/maladies ... 2003-23927

Well, after that, since according to Izy, AVC and Végaz he is a crook ... this non-info is not worth a tripette! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/02/21, 15:44

https://www.novethic.fr/actualite/socia ... 49497.html

Making young people pay the bill for a crumbling world is to mortgage the future!

From Europe to Burma via Russia, the tensions of the moment are also those of a conflict of generations and a great battle of models, between that of more or less enlightened authoritarianism and that of a a more horizontal society where new modes of production and consumption are being invented to cope with the unleashing of multiple crises, climate change, loss of biodiversity, explosion of inequalities ...
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 15/02/21, 06:43

Christophe wrote: climate change, loss of biodiversity, explosion of inequalities… [/ i]

no one has become poor because of climate change or the loss of biodiversity, on the other hand many people have become poor because of the economic crises caused by the soaring costs of fossil fuels (2009), and this year of the epidemic.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/21, 11:42

ABC2019 wrote:no one has become poor because of climate change or loss of biodiversity

Uh ... reassure me ... do you know that climate refugees already exist?

You know, for example, the droughts in Africa or the floods in India (or vice versa) which destroy billions of food portions ... don't you think that it impoverishes people before killing them ... death being the ultimate impoverishment for any good self-respecting capitalist! : Evil:

Closer to us, we can also speak of those who lost everything in the Roya or Vésubie valley a few weeks ago ... isn't it climate impoverishment?

Are the current floods in the North and South West not impoverishing people?

Or even the winter sports resorts which have no more snow (Vosges, Jura ...) since the 90s ... isn't that climate impoverishment ??

Etc etc etc ...

So if climate change impoverishes people!

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 15/02/21, 11:58

Christophe wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:no one has become poor because of climate change or loss of biodiversity

Uh ... reassure me ... do you know that climate refugees already exist?

No, no, because the term "refugees" is a legal term subject to strict constraints and no status of "climate refugee" has been defined yet, so they do not exist.

What exists are people who move because of climatic events (floods, hurricanes, droughts), who generally move to other regions of their own country to be accommodated there and then return home.

But that has always existed and I am not aware of an estimate of an increase that would be due to climate change. In any case, for the number of deaths, it has fallen very markedly during the XNUMXth century simply because we have built more and more solidly and the means to come to the aid of populations have increased. People flee because of wars, not because of the climate (and there they can acquire refugee status).
So if climate change impoverishes people!

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

it just lacks in your demonstration the fact that the RC has increased this number of events, I have never seen studies proving it ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/21, 12:07

Blah ...
2 x