The post-Coronavirus world

philosophical debates and companies.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: After Coronavirus

by ABC2019 » 22/05/20, 06:07

that would not be enough, confinement every year would only stabilize emissions at 7% less than now (but since there is population growth, they would go up anyway, just shifted by 10 years). What should be reduced by 7% per year, therefore the first year: confinement, second year. confinement + something else that drops another 7% more (war in Iran-Saudi Arabia?), third year confinement + something else that drops another 7% more + something else that drops 7% more (we would be at - about 26%), etc, etc ....

the thing that would surely make people happy.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/20, 12:14

Ahmed wrote:Free translation, for non-Anglicists: "Make sure you wash your hands and everything will be fine"

Why the (a priori) Argentine flag? : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/20, 14:02

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/20, 15:18

Could the A320 crash of the day be linked to containment? An airplane that stays on the ground for weeks can be damaged more than in flight ...

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/20, 13:05

An article on the impact of the crisis on the real estate market: https://www.econologie.com/les-conseque ... mmobilier/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/20, 15:25

BP is cutting 10000 jobs worldwide, i.e. almost 15% of its workforce ... or more than 1 in 7 people ...

https://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article ... _3234.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/06/20, 19:13

Of course, it would be ridiculous to deny the influence of this infectious episode, but it is feared that it will serve as a screen to hide the anteriority of the deterioration of the economy. The (or the) covid19 will accentuate trends already at work but will serve as a supporting scapegoat.

In another register, I just had an interview with a manager of an administrative service, previously very favorable to a certain proportion of telework and who envisaged a generalization of one day per week for each agent (volunteer) and who s realized that it would be possible, in the future to double this time, since during the crisis, some services worked very well in full with this formula (the two days take into account the fact that certain activities, suspended during the containment require physical presence).
Of course, it is a gain for those who are interested, in various capacities, by this form of organization, the counterpart (because there is always one) being an increase in social isolation and a proximity-dependence always larger than the machine. Also plan the subsequent evolutions (because nothing is fixed) which will be done in the direction of the technological "big replacement". In this sense, this crisis will doubly influence society, on the one hand because of social distancing which will accentuate the evolution towards social atomism, i.e. the death of society, on the other hand because of the preponderance of mechanical solutions.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 11/06/20, 19:38

Ahmed wrote:Of course, it would be ridiculous to deny the influence of this infectious episode, but it is feared that it will serve as a screen to hide the anteriority of the deterioration of the economy. The (or the) covid19 will accentuate trends already at work but will serve as a supporting scapegoat.

In another register, I just had an interview with a manager of an administrative service, previously very favorable to a certain proportion of telework and who envisaged a generalization of one day per week for each agent (volunteer) and who s realized that it would be possible, in the future to double this time, since during the crisis, some services worked very well in full with this formula (the two days take into account the fact that certain activities, suspended during the containment require physical presence).
Of course, it is a gain for those who are interested, in various capacities, by this form of organization, the counterpart (because there is always one) being an increase in social isolation and a proximity-dependence always larger than the machine. Also plan the subsequent evolutions (because nothing is fixed) which will be done in the direction of the technological "big replacement". In this sense, this crisis will doubly influence society, on the one hand because of social distancing which will accentuate the evolution towards social atomism, i.e. the death of society, on the other hand because of the preponderance of mechanical solutions.

We agree.

The Covid, badly negotiated more or less on purpose and in any case in the unpreparedness and panic of the rabbit caught in the headlights, will actually be used for the one and only aim pursued from the start: to conserve total Power.

For teleworking we can see the danger.
If an employee can telecommute at home he can also do it from .... New Delhi.

THIS SAYS ...

What is the level from which the wealthy can no longer be satisfied with a degraded situation.
I used to say that the richer the poor the wealthier the richer.

Conversely too much unemployment, even if it has the advantage of producing good slaves ready to work at "any price", can also generate losses even for the wealthy.

Not necessarily the big people but the means and the small.

Everyone is in the same boat of a 100 year crisis
Banks are ready to water without dead lines for the moment.
Reflation seems inevitable
Inflation hardly seems to be feared.

We even end up announcing donations of money.
A measure that is timely with always the same objective: to keep the Power as full as possible and at all costs.

We may have moved into a surreal world in the wake of this crisis.

The drama, or all the "cynical talent" of the leaders will consist in their ability to make people swallow that they will have to tighten their belts even more (because of the Covid) while at the same time raking in billions.

Besides, the pension reform will come to an end.
It is one of the signs of the total cynicism (even madness) of this breed.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/06/20, 20:31

I comment on some of your remarks:
For teleworking we can see the danger.
If an employee can telecommute at home, he can also do it from .... New Delhi.

At first, then an AI may be able to do it ...
I recently visited an industrial care center (more commonly called a hospital) and, questioning an employee responsible for moving the "raw material" to the appropriate "machining centers", he confided to me, very proud, that any his activity was guided by the computer which tracked him and his colleagues to assess who was best placed to optimize travel time: the software was the pride of the establishment and the others coveted this system. He did not realize that when the reconciliation between this AI and remote-controlled armchairs or beds would be made, his activity (and therefore his right to survive) would be doomed ...
Then:
Conversely, too much unemployment, even if it has the advantage of producing good slaves ready to work at "any cost", can also generate losses, even for the wealthy. Not necessarily the wealthy, but the means and the small.

The previous trend was already towards the concentration of fortunes, it will only be accentuated by virtue of a "trickle" from the bottom up! This is moreover easily understood, since in recessionary times the rout of ordinary companies comes to the larger ones who also have powerful means of preservation at the political level.
And:
We may have moved into a surreal world in the wake of this crisis.

This has probably been the case for a long time, but it may indeed be an opportunity for some to discover it ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 11/06/20, 20:40

Sometimes I wonder if the health crisis was not knowingly managed in such a catastrophic way to justify an economic crisis which was going to erupt imminently anyway (the "quantitative easing" and other negative rates took place long before the health crisis).
What could be better than a pandemic to justify austerity measures and keep power, accusing a virus.

We are already hearing about performance agreements that allow companies to lower wages "to maintain employment" and if you don't agree, you quit! We can guess that the wage cuts will not affect those who can afford to say no.
4 x