Abbé Pierre and Charlie Chaplin, the first 2 #Yellowjackets

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Abbé Pierre and Charlie Chaplin, the first 2 #Yellowjackets

by Christophe » 10/01/19, 13:49

These 2 speeches leave me speechless by the power of their humanism ... even more powerful in the context of Yellow Vests: energies-fossil-nuclear / L-call-of-17-November-is-he-justifies-t15820.html

Great politicians should be inspired ...

Abbé Pierre in 2007:

Charlie Chaplin in 1940, dictator's final speech:

That of Chaplin had already been the subject of a subject in 2013: Company-and-philosophy / Charly Chaplin-speech-final of the dictator-to-actuality-t12544.html and on the homepage: https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... -humanite/
0 x
Christophe

Re: The Abbé Pierre and Charlie Chaplin, the first 2 #JetetsJaunes

by Christophe » 11/01/19, 02:49

I'm sorry, but I do not want to be an emperor, it's not my business. I do not want to conquer or lead anyone. I would like to help everyone as far as possible, Jews, Christians, pagans, whites and blacks. We would all help if we could, human beings are so made. We want to give happiness to our neighbor, not to give him misfortune. We do not want to hate or humiliate anyone. Each of us has his place and our land is rich enough, it can feed all human beings. We can all have a beautiful and free life but we have forgotten it.

Envy poisoned men's minds, barricaded the world with hate, made us sink into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed to lock ourselves in ourselves. The machines that bring us abundance leave us in dissatisfaction. Our knowledge has made us cynical. We are inhuman by dint of intelligence, we do not feel enough and we think too much. We are too mechanized and we lack humanity.

We are too cultivated and we lack tenderness and kindness. Without these human qualities, life is nothing more than violence and everything is lost.

The airplanes, the radio have brought us closer to each other, these inventions will find their true meaning only in the goodness of the human being, in the fraternity, friendship and unity of all men.

Right now, my voice reaches millions of people around the world, millions of men, women, desperate children, victims of a system that tortures the weak and imprisons innocent people.

I say to all who hear me: Do not despair! The misfortune which is upon us is but the ephemeral product of the skill, the bitterness of those who are afraid of the progress accomplished by humanity. But hatred will eventually disappear and dictators will die and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And as long as men die for her, freedom can not perish. Soldiers, do not give yourself to these brutes, to a minority that despises you and makes you slaves, regregates your whole life and tells you everything you need to do and what to think, who leads you you maneuver, use yourself as cannon fodder, and treat you like cattle.

Do not give your life to these inhuman beings, these machine men with a machine instead of the head and a machine in the heart.

You are not machines.

You are not slaves.

You are men, men with all the love of the world in your heart.

You have no hate, except for what is inhuman, which is not made of love.

Soldiers do not fight for slavery but for freedom.

It is written in the Gospel according to Luke "The Kingdom of God is in the human being", not in a single human nor in a human group, but in all humans, but in you, in you the people who have power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You, the people, have the power, the power to make life beautiful and free, the power to make this life a wonderful adventure.

So in the very name of democracy, let us use that power. We must all unite, we must all fight for a new world, a human world that will give everyone the opportunity to work, which will bring a future to youth and old age security.

These brutes have promised you all these things for you to give them power: they lied. They have not kept their wonderful promises: they will never do it. The dictators free themselves by taking the power but they make a slave of the people.

So, we must fight to fulfill all their promises. We must fight to free the world, to overthrow borders and racial barriers, to end greed, hatred and intolerance. We must fight to build a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead all men to happiness. Soldiers, in the name of Democracy, let us unite all!
1 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 11/01/19, 09:19

Christophe wrote:These 2 speeches leave me speechless by the power of their humanism ... even more powerful in the context of Yellow Vests: energies-fossil-nuclear / L-call-of-17-November-is-he-justifies-t15820.html

Great politicians should be inspired ...

The greatpoliticians should be inspired ...
Thank you Christophe for this reminder of the obvious ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Yellow Vests of Heart, but not in action (for now), I think they need help, it would be desirable to suggest actions to them much more effective than what they propose today hui.
It should open a post for this purpose, only give effective blocking actions.
Without falling under the law, like if I were them I'll do that : Lol:

1) If I were them, I will organize a giant sitting operation in Paris, the whole of France goes up to Paris and sits in all the streets, several million in paris sitting for one hour should have a certain impact ... ( provide a minimum of organization)

2) a giant stopper for two hours around Paris, everyone cuts his engine ... (operation can intervene, at any time) forcing a Saturday.

etc,
1 x
The world is perfect !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/19, 13:59

I am like you: a Vest Yellow of heart and spirit: I have for the moment only made to discuss with some in different places, not made of real manifestation even less violence ... Obviously I did, like many others here, also a lot of information and analysis about forums and elsewhere on the internet ...

Regarding the idea of ​​a topic dedicated to "ideas" it is very good: you can create it! The other subject having already become very big!

Uh but the giant plug of 2h already exists right? It's every day on the lol! : Cheesy:

Travelers could easily join the Yellow Vests:

https://www.rtbf.be/info/belgique/detai ... -caravanes

Let's not forget that what made the government fold in 1968 was not student violence but ... the general strike that followed! The history and collective imagination has more restrained the violence of students than the strike of the workers ...
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 11/01/19, 18:11

perplex wrote:1) If I were them, I will organize a giant sitting operation in Paris, the whole of France goes up to Paris and sits in all the streets, several million in paris sitting for one hour should have a certain impact ... ( provide a minimum of organization)

Do you think this sitting will last how long in the middle of the tear gas and grenades?

Christophe wrote:Let's not forget that what made the government fold in 1968 was not student violence but ... the general strike that followed! The history and collective imagination has more restrained the violence of students than the strike of the workers ...

+ 1 the demonstrations, they know very well manage them and use them to discredit the movement. Blocking the economy is the only trick that can yield results, but given the household debt ratio of today compared to 68, it is badly barred for the general strike.
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 12/01/19, 18:46

Christophe wrote:"" It is written in the Gospel according to Luke "The Kingdom of God is in the human being" ""

- Uh ......... : Oops: Can you give me the reference? Because, having "under the elbow" ten different versions of Bibles on my computer with a search engine (Bible-online), I did not find it, even in the Catholic TOB!
- As soon as you have given me the reference of the passage, I will give you the exact quote! Ah! Here is what comes close:
Luke 17, 21: "And no one will say," Here he is, or there. "For, behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
- Already, it is not written "in the man"! It should be possible to tell the Bible what it does not say, all the same !!! 'Would amaze me that unbelievers, liars, murderers, envious, cheaters, thieves ......... have the Kingdom of God in them!
- But Jesus Christ, when He said that, He fixed a condition before: that iswe are His Disciples ! Unbelievers have no part in it! The conditions are:
* to repent and change the way of life (Marc 1: 15),
* to be poor (in spirit) (Luke 6: 20), not in money!
* Believe Jesus as a little child (Luke 18: 16): take it at your word!
- Cordially !
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/19, 17:03

Uh it's a movie eh so there are approximations, it does not change much to the overall message though?

But let's analyze a little, as was said in VO?

Réponse:

If I understand correctly Chaplin says: "The Kingdom of God is within men"

Within means "around" or "includes" (google translation translates "within men" into "in men") ... so that's good a translation problem a little rough, that's it!

And the Kingdom of God understands hell so nothing paradoxical in these words! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/19, 17:05

Christophe wrote:Regarding the idea of ​​a topic dedicated to "ideas" it is very good: you can create it! The other subject having already become very big!

Uh, are we launching this subject?

Especially since it will fit perfectly with the "Great" debate which will be launched tomorrow ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/19, 17:14

Christophe wrote:Within means "around" or "includes" (google translation translates "within men" into "in men") ... so that's good a translation problem a little rough, that's it!

And if we add an S to men then Google translate gives: "is in men" ... which would explain the approximation of the translation ... But chaplin does not seem to say menS ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/01/19, 18:09

I would translate by "among" and I do not see why a "mens" which does not mean anything and which obviously does not pronounce Chaplin.
It should be noted that this is an ode to economic liberalism under the guise of Liberty ... and the condemnation of another version of capitalism. However, this second version will strongly influence its enemies (or rather its competitors), because it is inspired by some of its principles that the allies will defeat the Axis forces. Hitler's germs, properly recycled, will continue to prosper well after the end of the war ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Society and Philosophy"