A world without money?

philosophical debates and companies.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A world without money?

by eclectron » 03/03/21, 08:18

For the next world, a world without money?
The video ends on the project https://www.mocica.org that I haven't watched yet
Listening to him, I feel less alone.

Do not hesitate to give your opinion, here is mine : Wink: :
I had the intuition 25 years ago already, just to say that things do not move quickly
I envisioned the 'civilization of giving' where everyone brings what they can and what they want.
A central unit connecting offerors and applicants. (internet stammered, the right place did not exist)
Goods requiring machines and teams, falling within this concept of generalized volunteering.
What triggered this 'vision' was an economics book, I wanted to understand money.
When I read "the one who gives, loses" I understood all the inanity and the deception of the world in which we live, I understood that everything was screwed up.
Even the word and the act of giving are distorted from their original meaning.
Yes yes I understood very well the words of the author but fundamentally, the one who gives does not lose, otherwise it is not a gift.
And then to base a society on this concept of "the one who gives, loses", is to maintain the fear of not having, is to maintain the lack of confidence in life and in one's neighbor. To secure all this, of course, you need the money, the circle is complete.

A world without money, a world of trust seems utopian but it is nevertheless to be considered in view of the current massacre.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A world without money?

by eclectron » 03/03/21, 09:34

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:And yes you have to open up more than 2 minutes, even if it means wasting your time, if you want a little inspiration to get out of the doldrums where your fetish system buries us

Frankly, I don't want to waste my time, but if you have understood everything correctly, you may be able to answer a few questions:

a) where do you think the wood for his pretty veranda comes from?
b) what limits the number of people who have such a pretty veranda, apart from the lack of money?
c) if there is no more money, do we give a nice veranda to all those who want it and what would be the impact on deforestation?

(the veranda, this is only an example, the questions are the same on all consumer goods, ...

Ah Ah Ah, sacred ABC.
When I don't like it, I'm not in the habit of locking the discussion into anecdotal detail.
I know how to extract the general meaning, so I understood that the veranda is only an example, I would not play your usual game.

So, it's not a video answer to all the misfortunes / problems in the world in 17 minutes, nor even a “solutions” video.
It is an inspiring video, aimed at posing an idea and aimed at leading to reflection.

An automaker does not start the design of a new car by drawing the 12 screw and making the car around. He first makes a general sketch.
For any new thing, we must already paint the picture, then we go into detail.
Everyone who has designed something in their life knows it.

As you are already going into detail, I must deduce that you are not resistant in your head with the idea of ​​a world without money, in principle already?
Do you see the negative aspects of our silver society and do you see that without money it could be better?
As you understood well that it was about a collaborative reflection, around the project https://mocica.org/fr/Intro, which I still haven't had time to look at, you can make your own suggestions for exotic wood verandas. (also in the broad sense)

Starting from a very unequal world, obviously moving to equality will not be without causing transition concerns
Why live in a seedy studio in the suburbs rather than a luxurious villa on the coast?
I don't have a satisfactory answer for you at the moment.
It is sure that money is very practical for that, to 'justify' inequalities.

On the other hand, the regulatory role of money can be assured by objective information for applicants.
If there is no mask, there is no mask
Money or no money.
Fundamentally, it is the resources in the very broad sense, which make there are masks or not.
Whatever it is possible to make masks with banknotes and with rubber bands for bundles of banknotes.
if we can make 10 verandas per year using local gasoline, then it will be 000 verandas per year.
And a good pseudo-random generator * to allocate verandas in the waiting list.
* thermal agitation does this wonderfully! : Lol:

It is simply an inspiring video to consider something other than today's society.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 03/03/21, 10:44

eclectron wrote:As you are already going into detail, I must deduce that you are not resistant in your head with the idea of ​​a world without money, in principle already?

it is not a detail, it is a general and fundamental problem illustrated by an example: on what basis do you determine who is entitled to what?

a world without living money like the Paleolithic or basically we have to share prey and not much else, I can imagine.

a world like ours without money, no I do not imagine at all how that would work, but rather than launching myself into big discussions, I prefer to take an example; an exotic wood veranda, to whom we give one and what regulates the demand?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/03/21, 12:45

ABC2019 wrote: an exotic wood veranda, to whom we give one and what regulates the demand?

We don't give it to anyone. It is a source of primary forest deforestation. Finished garden furniture, verandas and exotic wood floors.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 03/03/21, 12:55

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote: an exotic wood veranda, to whom we give one and what regulates the demand?

We don't give it to anyone. It is a source of primary forest deforestation. Finished garden furniture, verandas and exotic wood floors.

Ok so the guy in the video isn't very consistent.

What about the cars? the boats ? houses over 200 m2? nobody either?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/03/21, 12:57

ABC2019 wrote:

Ok so the guy in the video isn't very consistent.

What about the cars? the boats ? houses over 200 m2? nobody either?

No. back to prehistory, to the candle and the wooden club. : roll:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 03/03/21, 13:03

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:No. back to prehistory, to the candle and the wooden club. : roll:

even the candles were a pretty precious commodity that needed to be saved. They have a value and you have to buy them if you do not have the raw material at your disposal. So on what basis do we make the distribution without money?
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/03/21, 13:09

ABC2019 wrote: So on what basis do we make the distribution without money?

None, we let people kill each other to fight effectively against overpopulation.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 03/03/21, 13:41

None, we let people kill each other to fight effectively against overpopulation.

indeed it seems to me a probable outcome, the law of the strongest ... well no thank you then : Mrgreen:
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/03/21, 13:48

ABC2019 wrote:

indeed it seems to me a probable outcome, the law of the strongest ... well no thank you then : Mrgreen:

We are already in the middle of it. So no thanks for the world today.
1 x