A world without money?

philosophical debates and companies.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A world without money?

by Obamot » 20/03/21, 10:02

We must be consistent with one point, assume our desires: because having a comfortable life does that imply?

Or you embark on the path of ecology, which implies sacrifices. Or you play politics to change the world and you will see how it goes ... : Wink: The other option is sociology (or even philosophy) to reflect on the basic problems. But that doesn't change anything fundamentally. Or study the laws and how to change them, there is a legislative power and an executive power (in the end it still comes down to doing politics).
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 20/03/21, 16:05

Obamot wrote:We must be consistent with one point, assume our desires: because having a comfortable life does that imply?

Energy ?
Afterwards, everything depends on the level of comfort that we want and or how much energy we can have and above all, everything depends in which "economic mill" we place these 2 parameters.
Profitable reel or sustainable reel?
The current profitable mill is expensive in resources, including energy, just to make money which is constantly leaking towards its monetary destruction by the banks.

Obamot wrote:Or you embark on the path of ecology, which implies sacrifices.

Not necessarily in essential comfort of life but it is sure that: "Oh well I do not know what to do this afternoon, and if I change smartphone", I see that as a luxury.
There is a difference between want and need.
PS: I still don't have a smartphone. : Mrgreen:

Obamot wrote:Or you play politics to change the world and you will see how it goes ... : Wink:

You have to have the character to be satisfied with political inertia and not be handicapped in speaking ...
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/03/21, 16:09

I think you embroider sometimes: a little, a lot, passionately, madly ... :) :D : Cheesy:
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 20/03/21, 16:13

Obamot wrote:I think you embroider sometimes: a little, a lot, passionately, madly ... :) :D : Cheesy:

It's always better than being lacolic ... uh laconic and ambiguous, tdc. : Mrgreen:

I've had you in my sights for a while with your PMs. On my list of ignored too ... : roll:
0 x
whatever.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 20/03/21, 17:31

eclectron wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:
Continually trying we finally succeed. So: the more it fails, the more likely it is to work.

“I haven't failed. I just found 10 solutions that don't work.” Thomas Edison

A little common sense and extrapolation, two qualities that people in denial are exempt from, would allow you to see the failure of your cherished capitalism. : Mrgreen:

When environmentalists have found a solution to the height of the filament lamp or Edison's phonograph, we can follow them.

For the moment, it is nothing. We only hear them chanting the apocalypse if we do not adhere to their religion. The "common sense" as you say, is therefore to wait for it to get its fingers out of the c ... and produce useful things like Edison. Edison also said: "Genius is 1% Inspiration and 99% Sweat". We do not really see the green people sweating, except to vociferate against the States because of global warming or because of plastics at sea. But above all, they do not produce anything that would compete, while less polluting, with traditional solutions.

Funny that you quoted a capitalist. Because as soon as he could, Edison became one. He founded an industrial empire employing 35000 employees. It was necessary to supply bulbs in quantity to the population.
Agree with you, well done capitalism!
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 20/03/21, 18:02

Exnihiloest wrote:
eclectron wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:
Continually trying we finally succeed. So: the more it fails, the more likely it is to work.

“I haven't failed. I just found 10 solutions that don't work.” Thomas Edison

A little common sense and extrapolation, two qualities that people in denial are exempt from, would allow you to see the failure of your cherished capitalism. : Mrgreen:

When environmentalists have found a solution to the height of the filament lamp or Edison's phonograph, we can follow them.

For the moment, it is nothing. We only hear them chanting the apocalypse if we do not adhere to their religion. The "common sense" as you say, is therefore to wait for it to get its fingers out of the c ... and produce useful things like Edison. Edison also said: "Genius is 1% Inspiration and 99% Sweat". We do not really see the green people sweating, except to vociferate against the States because of global warming or because of plastics at sea. But above all, they do not produce anything that would compete, while less polluting, with traditional solutions.

Funny that you quoted a capitalist. Because as soon as he could, Edison became one. He founded an industrial empire employing 35000 employees. It was necessary to supply bulbs in quantity to the population.
Agree with you, well done capitalism!

No, no bravo to capitalism ... given the mess in which it places us and especially the mess in which it locks us.
You will have enjoyed it during your life but the following will taste well. I know, you don't believe it and / or you don't care?
No empathy for life on the planet and beyond?
1% of the population has no empathy (psychopath) and obviously there is a nest in the area : Mrgreen:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathie
0 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 20/03/21, 18:52

eclectron wrote:No, no bravo to capitalism ... given the mess in which it places us and especially the mess in which it locks us.

yeah, look at the poor eclectron reduced to typing on a computer, in a well-heated apartment, retirement arriving every month, and with a full fridge ... we pity you, sincerely.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 20/03/21, 19:04

eclectron wrote:...
No, no bravo to capitalism ... given the mess in which it places us and especially the mess in which it locks us.
You will have enjoyed it a lot during your life but the following ones will taste well ...

This "mess" is only the comfort of your life, twisted the cognitive bias generated by the catastrophism of environmental conditioning, "mess" towards which all the hopes of the poor people of the planet in need of immigration converge.

The day when I see a poor European seeking to emigrate to Africa or elsewhere to find a better life outside of capitalism, I will be able to think that there is some relevance in your speech. For the moment, I consider it to be a speech of the wealthy complaining about his little ailments of the rich.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 20/03/21, 19:06

ABC2019 wrote:yeah, look at the poor eclectron reduced to typing on a computer, in a well-heated apartment, retirement arriving every month, and with a full fridge ...

It's even worse than you think although I'm not retired. : Mrgreen:
All the more so since we are fully satisfied with a certain sobriety.

ABC2019 wrote: we pity you, sincerely.
I am absolutely not to be pitied and am not trying to be.
It will have escaped you that some people, 99% of the population, have empathy ...
when we have it, it is for everything: for the living and for others.
Therefore, I care about what state I will leave the planet in and how to reconcile existing resources with optimum comfort of life for everyone.

You, ditto your ex nihilo boyfriend, it's going to happen for miles, as long as it happens to you somewhere ...
Between the two ears, maybe? : Mrgreen:
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 20/03/21, 19:11

Exnihiloest wrote:
eclectron wrote:...
You will have enjoyed it a lot during your life but the following ones will taste well ...

This "mess" is only the comfort of your life, twisted the cognitive bias generated by the catastrophism of environmental conditioning, "mess" towards which all the hopes of the poor people of the planet in need of immigration converge.

I could write in advance your liberal robots answers .... : roll:

The mess is the descent of capitalism.
You and your friend ABCDEni, only look at the rise of capitalism, the positive slope ...
0 x
whatever.