Independence of Catalonia this 27 October 2017

philosophical debates and companies.
Did67

Re: Independence of Catalonia this October 27, 2017

by Did67 » 28/10/17, 12:44

Ahmed wrote:Why speak of excess of "socialization" (which was rather the sign of the contrary; but I noted your parenthesis), when it is obviously a question of the passage from the selection R to the selection k (as it would say, quite rightly, Sen-no-sen)?

Oh, that was just a "mood note", not very well written.

I think, as with many things, that some excesses distort the thing. Whoever she is.

Socializing seems to me to be an act of civilization: exchange, cooperate, build together, etc ... In any case, that's how I "see" my vegetable garden ...

Socializing too much becomes a straitjacket, against which, rightly, every individual will rebel.

R, k, etc ... I don't know. So I cannot answer.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/10/17, 13:48

I put quotes to socialize, since the state structures of socialization are precisely put in place to remedy a decline in real socialization brought about by the expansion of economism (social ties then rocking towards ties of an economic nature).
The risks of conflict during reconfiguration on smaller units are similar to the wars which previously forced these regroupings, whether at the level of a country or during episodes of colonization.

Regarding K and r, Sen-no-sen explained that in favorable phases of expansion (whatever the nature of this expansion), the tendency was to group together in large units, conversely, during recessive periods, smaller units (whatever scale that whatever) maximize their chance of survival. Ex .: dinosaurs have been succeeded by very small mammals and other small critters, the only ones capable of doing well in an environment that has become very difficult and poor.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/17, 20:30

I invite everyone to see or re-watch the famous program on the 2006 Belgian split: https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... n-realite/

The full video is available in Stream
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/10/17, 22:49

Christophe wrote:Basques, Corsicans, Alsatians, Bretons, Ardennais, Picards, Savoyards ... Wake up! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Auvergnats! ten I'm going to go ask the Parliament of Arvernes to declare independence. it will be quickly flared! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/17, 10:29

Sorry Remundo for everyone I forgot ...

The government counterattack: http://www.levif.be/actualite/internati ... barcelone/

Up to 1,3 million pro-Spain Catalans on the streets of Barcelona

Hundreds of thousands of supporters of the unity of Spain swept through the streets of Barcelona on Sunday, two days after the declaration of independence of the Catalan Parliament which marked an unprecedented break in 40 years of democracy.

(...)

Here we are inventing the "Until" by speaking of demonstrations now! : Mrgreen:

And 1.3 million is a lot: Barcelona has "only" 1.6 million inhabitants ... and the urban area 5.3 million (see https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des ... d%27Europe) ... i.e. 1.3 / 5.3 = 24.5% of the population of the urban area ...

If there were an equivalent event in Paris, it would have 3 million demonstrators ...

Compare with: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des ... _en_France
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/10/17, 14:30

I give you this curious and surprising contribution to this debate: the development of states would be at the origin of a reduction in violence!

http://internetactu.blog.lemonde.fr/201 ... t-disparu/
1 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 03/11/17, 20:41

Ahmed wrote:
Regarding K and r, Sen-no-sen explained that in favorable phases of expansion (whatever the nature of this expansion), the tendency was to group together in large units, conversely, during recessive periods, smaller units (whatever scale that whatever) maximize their chance of survival. Ex .: dinosaurs have been succeeded by very small mammals and other small critters, the only ones capable of doing well in an environment that has become very difficult and poor.

I see that even during my absence the "thermo-sociological duty office" is always assured!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/11/17, 18:18

Yes, I am trying to run the shop! : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/11/17, 21:45

To repeat what you rightly said about the Catalan example, it appears that this attempt at independence is the result of two contradictory processes:
On the one hand the fractal scale invariance principle(1), on the other the selection process r / K(2)

1) As the EU is a large structure (4,5 million km2), it appears that the old national regional type administrative entities naturally tend to expand within the framework of readjustment of scale.
Thus in France we have gone from 22 regions to 13 super-regions, the idea being to readjust to the transnational scale that constitutes the EU.
Insofar as the EU is a very large area, the trend towards greater autonomy for the regions is consecutive to the desire to decentralize on the one hand, but also to a decline in power of the nation state in favor of the EU on the other ... divide to rule better!
Paradoxically the extension on a transnational scale to favor regionalism and re-open the wounds of the past.
Thus we find that rich regions tend to want to emancipate from their more modest neighbors as is the case in Spain and Italy or even in the United Kingdom (Scotland).
This expansion trend tends to stop now, limiting growth requires.
Thus E.Macron said recently "we don't need more Europe, but better Europe", normal because the party is soon over!

2) This brings us to the second point, which is that of the fragmentation of states.
Indeed when the energy flows that feed a system tend to decrease, what is otherwise called the periods of "lean cow", the large structures dissociate themselves to the profit of smaller entities, those latter being more adaptive.
However, phase 1 linked to the expansion of the EU and its desire to reduce the power of the States tends to favor the breakup of nations for the benefit of small provinces, which is not a tendency conducive to peace. .

Separatism is dangerous in this because it constitutes a form of neo-feudalism mixing the quarrels of the past with the ultra-liberal calculations of the present.
In this sense the Spanish government did not make a bad choice in stopping this process.

We thus observe a progressive crumbling of the EU with a development of regionalist identities pushed by bourgeois factions on one side, a rise of populism in Eastern Europe on the other and a calamitous situation in Greece. .if I was pessimistic I would say that it is the beginning of the end of the EU ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/11/17, 21:52

Did67 wrote:I give you this curious and surprising contribution to this debate: the development of states would be at the origin of a reduction in violence!

http://internetactu.blog.lemonde.fr/201 ... t-disparu/

Quite logical, the more we decrease the number of kingdoms in competition and the less there are confrontations.
The coalescence of province in states necessarily induces a spacing of conflicts which obey a law 1 / R, that is to say that the frequency of conflicts is more spaced in time but that the latter are much more violent, which is demonstrated by globalization and its two world wars, the third having been postponed due to the development of nuclear arsenals.

However, the article is somewhat naive in obliterating the concept of the outsourcing of violence: if indeed there is less violence done to human beings (proportionally speaking) it is quite simply because we have gone from a society of human (which pours its violence on itself) to a techno-industrial society which evacuates its violence on the biosphere.
The addition remains to be very salty in the end ...
1 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"