Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: FRANCE: Facial Recognition in Public Services

by Grelinette » 11/10/19, 11:34

jean.caissepas wrote:Heartbreaking ... : roll:

https://dailygeekshow.com/france-pays-u ... s-publics/

Where is freedom where she is ...

It's like my baker who gives me a big smile when she sees me walking into the bakery: "Hello Grelinette, as usual, a little well-done baguette? ...", to which I answer her, "Hey Ho, no carding Madam baker! ...". : Cheesy: (especially since I came in to buy a pizza! :P )

Galloping technology will irremediably allow everything to be recognized and stored. There's nothing we can do about it. ("The search for innovation is part of the genetic heritage of man"). And I'm sure that in a short time, before I even enter my usual bakery, my undercooked baguette will be waiting for me on the counter, and the € 1 will be automatically debited from my bank account! : Shock: :( :P

Today we are technically capable of knowing many things: there are cameras everywhere, satellites behind all the clouds, connected smartphones in every pocket, computers on all the tables and desks, wifi fridges in more more households, even our pets are now obligatorily chipped (except the goldfish perhaps, and still) ... and in addition there are facebook accounts, twitter, gmail, etc, in each home.
Suffice to say that all this siphons and stores in real time phenomenal amounts of information of all kinds.

Lately, the sad affair of little Maelys murdered by a psychopath made it possible to know, by the demarcation of smartphones, that the assassin was with the young corporal Arthur Noyer just before his disappearance: the information was therefore known and stored, and they it was enough to bring them together to resolve the matter. Based on this remark, the "big" holders of information are able to know a lot of things, even to elucidate matters that are still mysterious, and most certainly if the reconciliation of the information of the place and the time of the smartphones of Arthur Noyer and Nordahl Lelandais had been done, the little Maelys would still be alive today. It is not so simple to have a clear opinion.

More recently, an exciting report explained that criminal cases had been solved by crossing DNA identification files: an unknown DNA is identified at a crime scene and it is the connection with the DNA analysis of his little cousin sick to the other end of France which allowed to confuse the assassin!

The information is necessarily recorded and stored by one system or another. Only the interconnection of files and data analysis is still a (small) obstacle, moreover more due to rivalries and competition between the players and owners of the files than to the lack of techniques and know-how. (And it is not impossible that certain technological powers - gafam, states, ..., "have fun" making algorithms for the interconnection of files out of intellectual curiosity and in order to know things about nicknames - mysteries ...
We know for example, by their respective smartphones, that Macron and Merkel (*) were alone at 23h37 in a hotel room ... What were they doing? ... No I'm kidding : Mrgreen: ).
(*) I wrote Merkel for the sake of anonymity, but in fact it was Benalla in the room! : Shock:

Hard to know if it's good or bad (modern technology, not what Macron, Merkel or Benalla do).
All these technologies of the recognition, In theidentification and location in real time remains a tool, and as usual it is more the misuse that can be done that is problematic than the tool itself.

If the little mustache had access to these files in 1945, the story would surely have taken a different path, maybe worse but may not necessarily because the little mustache might have discovered that he and his acolytes had well more traces of racial genes that they persecuted than they believed.
Last edited by Grelinette the 11 / 10 / 19, 11: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/10/19, 11:54

0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 11/10/19, 12:04

Do not worry Guytou: too much information kills the information!
When we know that you are married, diabetic, bisexual, fond of chocolate and cashmere socks, and that you bike every 3 night passing under the window of your mistress to go to your belote party at the bistro with your by drinking a non-alcoholic beer, .... what is it going to change in your life?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/10/19, 12:11

Grelinette wrote:When we know that you are married, diabetic, bisexual, fond of chocolate and cashmere socks, and that you bike every 3 night passing under the window of your mistress to go to your belote party at the bistro with your by drinking a non-alcoholic beer, .... what is it going to change in your life?

If my wife is not aware of my bisexuality and I have a mistress or a lover, a divorce and / or ransomware. For the rest, constant phone calls, spam ranging from mutual benefits to diabetes remedies, for special diabetic chocolates, for various games, etc, etc ...
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/10/19, 12:13

Grelinette, you write:
All these technologies of recognition, identification and localization in real time remains a tool, and as usual it is more the misuse that can be made that poses a problem that the tool itself .

The elementary tool remains fairly neutral *, but it is not at all the same for technology, as a system oriented towards purposes that escape their users (each intervenes only at his level without the possibility of 'influence the whole). All technological systems (with their economic and political overlaps) become independent from the agents who are in fact at their service. As a result, the negative consequences cannot be analyzed in terms of "drifts", but of logical consequences of the use of possibilities favorable to the system, and therefore unfavorable to people.

* I specify "enough", because even the simplest tool cannot be separated from the particular context in which it was generated.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/19, 12:29

There is a lot of naivety * in all these analyzes ... ohhhh the ugly French public service ...

Facebook has been using facial recognition since 2011-2012... whether you like it or not: at first your friends identify you without your consent and after a few identifications there is a nice algorithm that no longer needs your friends to identify you ...

Google has been able to analyze any image with 99% accuracy for about the same period... they have communicated since in 2014: electrical-electronic-computer / ia-google-analysis-and-described-of-image-automatically t13582.html

2014 has been 5 years, it's digital eternity!

* voluntary or not? Mystery!

ps: for voice recognition it's even easier! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/19, 14:11

I never told you about it, but here is an interesting experience for everyone to repeat: Science-and-Technology / l-experience-of-the aloe-vera-or-you-how-phone-google-is-on-listening-t16145.html
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 12/10/19, 22:42

If you want to see the use of large-scale facial recognition (at the 35th minute)
https://www.france.tv/france-2/envoye-s ... ecial.html

(you can activate the subtitles)
0 x