Education: dunce cap for the French school?

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/14, 10:12

chatelot16 wrote:this evolution is obvious by reading the old school books of 1900: the programs of the time were much better suited to what was useful: the school pushed progress in everyday life

today school books are desperate: no practical use

Useful I don't know but of a much more advanced level ...

I had come across a school preparation book certificate of studies 1920s ... so we are moving towards 11-12 years old I think (before college) ...

Well inside there was somealgebra and double integrals !!

2 things I saw in preparatory class ... so post bac! : Shock:

Everyone will make their own conclusion ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/02/14, 11:35

When I see that I passed an electronic bac in 1989..We had 43 hours of lessons / week..with e of the mechanics of electrical engineering physical measurement ... I had my bac with notes honorable in technical matters ...
Today I hamper queudale in my poor electric sax that remains almost a big mystery for me (on the other hand it's been 25 years since I haven't practiced electronics apart from soldering tempos and welleman thermostats : Mrgreen: ) .... No really I do not think that all these hours of scratching drawing tec of typons manipulating pages of jlwomega, of pi of radian of sine cosine tangent their inverses and other tricks, were very useful to me, too well professionally than in life ... Ha if the geometry to put my placards : Mrgreen:

My kid who follows substantially the same travels ... Scares me ... he is in 1st STI2D in the public ... I frankly have the impression that they spend their time playing ... With playful tools which they know nothing (or hold back) nothing ...
Last Friday I had 2 elements of the same class coming out of a chemistry lab ... They had spent 4 hours making what they called "slyme" (a kind of rubber more or less liquid depending on whether they had succeeded or not) neither of them were damned to give me the list of precise components. Nothing, they had not retained anything and had no paper support of what they had done ... only an evaluation of the result ...

Well, I'm ptete stumbled upon the two dunces of the class ...

Anyway, I'm almost made to think that it would be better to learn how to grow carrots, potatoes and steak (how does a noodle tree go by the way ???) rather than going to use their pants bottoms on the chairs of these high schools ...

Afflicting, disgusting ... at 17 years old (with above average school results) it's just if he can read ... let's not even talk about writing ...

The EN perfectly fulfills the mission entrusted to it:
to make future generations of morons enslaved and forced to mercy, according to the orders and the conduct which will be balanced by smartphone ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/02/14, 13:32

Macro wrote:When I see that I passed an electronic bac in 1989..We had 43 hours of lessons / week..with e of the mechanics of electrical engineering physical measurement ... I had my bac with notes honorable in technical matters ...
Today I hamper queudale in my poor electric sax that remains almost a big mystery for me (on the other hand it's been 25 years since I haven't practiced electronics apart from soldering tempos and welleman thermostats : Mrgreen: ) .... No really I do not think that all these hours of scratching drawing tec of typons manipulating pages of jlwomega, of pi of radian of sine cosine tangent their inverses and other tricks, were very useful to me, too well professionally than in life ... Ha if the geometry to put my placards : Mrgreen:

I fully agree with this opinion!
Indeed, national education is made a specialty in the "mixing" of materials that are useless.

For example, a plumbing CAP lasts 2 years, while it takes about 6 months to train a correct plumber, 3 months for a surface technician and 8 months for a basic mechanic.
In automobile mechanics the practical part occupies only 8 hours per week, the rest: French, mathematics, history / geo, sport, SVT, calculation of forces etc ...
Result of the races after his 2 years, many students have only a more than limited knowledge of mechanics and the only future is to work at speedy to change the pads, while at the same time we could easily form a BTS!

We could train 2 to 4 times more students if we reduced learning to the strict minimum.
One of the main causes of unemployment for young people is precisely linked to the fact that certain streams do not offer enough places, which is synonymous for many students to end up in a sidings, with a lot of abandonment at the keys (= = unemployment delinquency ...).
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/02/14, 13:45

and now that we have big doubts about the level of education given at school, it should come as no surprise that a rumor about questionable education starts off quickly! I'm talking about the history of gender theory ...

when we see the lack of result in french and in very simple calculation ... the absence of result in collective knowledge to live, it seems absurd that the school puts the nose in controversial subject

to put an end to this kind of controversy which I hope is completely unjustified, it would be necessary to publish clearly the programs of all the classes ... I fear that it would have another effect, we would put in public all the other nonsense: too little place for useful things, and too many useless things

national education is in danger because of compulsory program too bad

only parents with the right level can offer what is needed to their child ... and impossible with good will to offer the same to a large number of children by creating a private school: any school even private must apply the same programs

absurd! we are bad, we sink into the wall and we forbid to do otherwise
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/02/14, 14:06

Hello
it should not be forgotten that the extension of studies up to 16 years of age was considered useful in order not to put a few hundred thousand young people on the job market. Same thing for the BAC (where a CAP would have been enough) which keeps kids in the school cycle who would otherwise find themselves swelling the number of unemployed. And the higher the level of education requested, the more it further reduces job seekers. It is, and whatever the political label, the same policy since the Thirty Glorious Years. Where, at one time, executives stepped out of line with all the field experience acquired, we are currently laying (often in excess) heads full of people, technocratic, often out of step with professional realities and who will have to play the conductors with subordinates who often know ten times more than they do. It is not their fault, it is the system that is like that!
In addition, the higher the educational level and the more conditioning is significant and which we see, for example not limiting, the effects with graduates of the ENA (all EN for that matter), all consistent and conformist.
Moreover national education (national or not!) Should rather be called national conditioning intended to make nice soldiers very obedient little finger on the seam of the pants.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/02/14, 14:25

chatelot16 wrote:and impossible with the good will to offer the same thing to a large number of children by creating a private school: any school, even private, must apply the same programs

absurd! we are bad, we sink into the wall and we forbid to do otherwise

Those who have decided to upgrade from the bottom send their children to very good private schools abroad (and even in France) where they learn many things, one of which is how to handle the masses who come out of education. intended for all comers ...

It is well orchestrated, regulated like music paper.
Above all, don't allow the little one to get out of it.
power wealth wealth reserved for the privileged few ...
Parody of egalitarian republic, odious spectacle, by way of consolation and outlet: circus games on Android for the mass of the populasse.

But we are happy slaves, even when they send us 2 weeks in CP under the sun, we come back to serve them ourselves, enrich them and their descendants ... Even more need to put a ball on our feet ...

Their only big enemies ... Barter and self-production, which they try (and arrive) through national non-education, to kill in the bud ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/02/14, 14:55

Their only big enemies ... Barter and self-production, which they try (and arrive) through national non-education, to kill in the bud ...
just as illusory! The barter is also done on consumer goods (it reduces production and at the same time increases unemployment) and self-production, which is not necessarily self-sufficiency (currently impossible) only reduces , not replace the system.
So education (title usurped because it is neither its role, nor its resultant), national or not, is used above all, effectively, to maintain the different social classes of the modern serf to the heads of chores chosen from these same serfs or slaves . The illusion would be to believe that under the pretext of democracy, things could change.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/03/14, 18:24

Faced with the vocations crisis, National Education launches a recruitment campaign for young teachers of all subjects ... for amateurs, Here is what they should call small advertising spots

John Paul Brighelli do not hesitate to give your chiseled opinion ...
Jean Paul Brighelli wrote:The candidates do not dream about what was the heart of the job, the transmission of knowledge, because we have emptied this heart and that we seriously consider replacing it with a "curriculum" mechanism (sic!) which will put the pupil's "skills" at the center of the system. No, they no longer dream about "the most beautiful profession in the world", because the sorcerer's apprentices of pedagogy have turned it into a foil, by dint of imposing on future teachers their whims and their own incompetence.

Recruitment crisis

For this disenchantment, I want as proof only the scarcity of applications in recruitment competitions. In some disciplines, there are now more vacancies than there are candidates - and the juries do not even dare to assign them all to the positions, as the level is sometimes low.

Source: Le Point
@+
0 x
Christophe

Re: National Education: donkey cap for the French school?

by Christophe » 23/12/22, 15:35

Put that here:

1 x
Remundo

Re: National Education: donkey cap for the French school?

by Remundo » 23/12/22, 15:43

Caroline Roux is farting... the mouth :P
0 x