Education: dunce cap for the French school?

philosophical debates and companies.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 13/07/09, 18:46

Hazardin, do you really think it is the school system that makes your child panic when he brings you back 18/20?
First it's weird I was in the ABCD rating, or on 10, at the limit…
Since he is the best student, the others in his class, must not have this feeling, however?
It's his character.
You only told him about your personal results in class, it may be reassuring him. : Lol:
"I tell them that they don't have to worry, and that I have confidence in them, the note does not prove failure, but something to review ...."
Maybe he considers that trust, he should deserve it, and gets high for it?

I have 2 nephews who were educated house only in kindergarten before entering CP.
They knew how to read and write (and count) at CP, so they went straight to CE1 ... and did some great studies.
Just learning nursery and kindergarten (when available) is cooler for the child. He works according to fewer conflicts.
This allows him to learn the basics and a little more, following the old methods that have proven themselves. And not the last ones which were a disaster for reading, understanding a text, calculation, and spelling.

Also for writing, monitoring the good grip of the pen. Sit well, with the light on the notebook ...
All that my last does not do, because not corrected enough at school.
(but mention well in the bac, this year, anyway!)
:D
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/07/09, 21:29

Hasardine wrote:

Do you find it normal to stick such pressure?

I do not know how to console him, the little sister stresses out all year long, and yet the teacher claims that she is the best student in the class, and I can no longer calm her down some nights, so much is she crying in fear. at the thought of failing.

at home we put no pressure, when they tell me about their fears, I answer them that they don't have to worry, and that I trust them, the note does not prove the failure, but a point to review ....

Nothing helps! in kindergarten you have to be the strongest (including in the gym!) the fastest (even in a race, or on a bike!) and the quickest.

Where is there room for creativity? the dream and the possibility of asking the slightest question without being answered that this question is silly and that it calls for no answer?

Oh ! Do not panic: my 2 children went through there, and worse, with the same kind of points: 8 years of conservatory in Paris, including 4 of CNSM for one, a title of major of promotion to the baccalaureate for the other , followed by a Bachelor in music with great distinction, plus participation in international competitions, while waiting for the Master abroad. Three years ago, my daughter had 36 hours of diarrhea before a concert or a competition: she learned to manage, including her diet. Originally, we only asked them to succeed without failure. Point.

managing the gifted is difficult, but it's still more cheerful than having a disabled child! Let them bitch on one of their so-called failures, if it's their own goal doesn't really matter. They must learn that they are accessible to error, and possibly that they are entitled to it and also to manage the victory.

The only answer: lots of love and lots of humor. Make sure they don't feel bored at school.

The world needs them!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 13/07/09, 21:53

this is precisely the biggest of my worries! my son often finishes his work in the first, then he revisits the animation!

"after each exercise mat. we put on a show", these are the words of the teacher, for the chip I have the right to an "excellent job, shame that Mél. is a real concierge"!

I love pedagogues, but isn't the number of children per class too high to allow both to follow and others to move forward?

Ah! I will not get them out of school rest assured, we talked with the children today, about the possibility of changing our school habits, they don't want it!

Fear of change or real desire to find the same boyfriends next year? I do not know.

Email. is impatient to have the mistress with the long hair, "she looks like a princess" and Mat to have for the first year a teacher "in addition he will speak to us about sustainable development and biodiversity, no doubt better than you!"
Take it in your teeth, you're ugly and when you explain something it's really bad! thank you the smurfs! I would remind you of that on occasion!

Bunch of ungrateful little ones! LOL!

The question is closed, let's not talk about it anymore, your arguments and those of the children will have been right in my intentions.

Next year I will however get involved again in school life (I had a break last year!) And we of course continue to be as attentive as possible to our little blond heads .

Elephant, I think you are absolutely right, he undoubtedly puts terrible pressure on himself to "deserve" our trust, I am going to reassure him, it goes without saying that it has been given to him!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/07/09, 08:41

Hasardine said:

"after each exercise mat. we put on a spectacle", these are the words of the teacher, for the chip I have the right to an "excellent job, too bad Mél. is a real concierge"!

My kids went to classes where they could pick up a book from the library when they finished their exercises or even help other struggling students. The only small problem is that one day my daughter used up the above library.
Children suspected of being gifted must be monitored (and tested to objectify the diagnosis), because a bored gifted person can become a dunce.
Learning music is a good derivative, because the child evolves at its own speed and will always end up falling on real difficulties that will require effort and work. It further increases the gift (wow, the beautiful neologism :D ), but too bad !

Good luck !
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 15/07/09, 08:02

thank you Elephant, I'll see if the music interests him, because it seems more inclined to the visual arts.
He likes manga and draws the characters, we will see what it gives.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/07/09, 12:39

: Arrow: I flew over the subject because generally well informed ... I have been involved in parent associations for more than 10 years.
:|

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you the latest slam from the big sick body: National Education.

And an article from the Nouvel Obs.
By Sophie Delassein
* This morning, on the back cover of "Liberation", we could read a slam from Grand Corps Malade entitled "National Education", where * / * "equal opportunities" * / * is * / * "a concept of ministry ”* / * (see video below). As the approach is not trivial, I immediately telephoned Fabien, aka Grand Corps Malade, to understand what it is all about. *

* "This slam, I wrote it six months ago, * according to the inspiration of the day - as every time. It is not on either of my two albums, but, since January, I integrate it into my show on tour. The reactions are very good each time. The public has even stood up to applaud him. At the exit, I am asked where we can find it.
So much so that I ended up making a clip, in a hurry, with my regular director Mehdi Idir. We shot it in a school in Saint-Denis.

* The theme of the school interests and concerns me. * But the idea (or the trigger) came to me during a writing workshop with CM2 students, in a school in Epinay. I met a teacher full of good will, who works like crazy.
To organize an outing with her students at the Cité des Sciences, as she is given no way to do so, she mobilized her students to win places on the Internet.
I found it so sad and deplorable that we can get there. You realize, she can't afford to take her students out!

* I don't expect anything from National Education, * but I don't understand that teachers are so poorly paid when you know what responsibilities weigh on them. They are responsible for the education, comfort and safety of thirty children daily. I have a lot of respect for them and I am scandalized that they are so devalued in terms of salary. I wanted to react.

* At my level, I do what I can. * I have nothing to do in ministerial meetings, I have no legitimacy. On the other hand, I meet students, I lead writing and slam workshops, I invite young people to concerts (and not only to my shows). ”

*Grand Corps Malade*
(Interview by Sophie Delassein)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/02/14, 10:24

0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 11/02/14, 11:23

National education is a bit like everything else in our country: sinking, slowly but surely ...

There is too great a gap between the world of work and school, in France we seek more to obtain a diploma than to really prepare for the world of employment.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 11/02/14, 11:35

sen-no-sen wrote:There is too great a gap between the world of work and school, in France we seek more to obtain a diploma than to really prepare for the world of employment.
When the public school was created, its function was to educate citizens, not to find them work (there was almost no unemployment, ...)

It was recently (a few decades ago) that society assigned it this goal, but without realizing that far-reaching reforms would be necessary to achieve this new goal.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/02/14, 18:10

the school does not necessarily have to be under the orders of the employers: it may prefer to learn what it takes to be useful

alas the problem is old, I am 55 years old and I saw it already coming when I was at school: the goal is not to learn useful things but to learn what it takes to pass has the upper class, then what it takes to graduate

and whoever spends his best year in this system arrives in the working life too old to learn what would be useful

this evolution is obvious by reading the old school books of 1900: the programs of the time were much better suited to what was useful: the school pushed progress in everyday life

today school books are desperate: no practical use
0 x