Taxation of energy and raw materials
The Ministry of the Economy, Finance and Industry, and in particular the General Directorate of Energy and Raw Materials (DGEMP), develops and implements government policy in the energy and mineral raw materials.
Its missions can be grouped around five axes:
- ensure the security of energy and raw material supplies;
- strengthen the competitiveness of products and industries in the energy and raw materials sector and thus participate in the development of employment;
- contribute to sustainable development by saving fossil and mineral resources, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and guaranteeing the safety of nuclear installations and waste;
- enhance our energy and mining assets;
- promote international energy and mining cooperation.