Video presentation of the "Earthship" houses
According to Ekopedia:
“The Earthships are homes invented by the American architect Mickael Reynolds in the 70s with the prospect of creating fully autonomous homes at a lower cost.
To achieve his goals, Mickael Reynolds relied on:
- material recovery (used tires, cans, glass bottles, wood scraps, etc.),
- energy production using solar panels, wind turbines or other renewable energy sources,
- orientation to the south,
- a massive insulating wall construction,
- recovery and purification of rainwater.
With the ultimate goal of Earthships being self-sufficiency, one can also find dry toilets, and other facilities, to recycle human waste to make the sewer connection unnecessary. "
Forum HQE and ecological habitat
Discussion on Earthships, recycled and environmentally friendly homes