Covering more than 10 times the energy needs of France for transport by recycling our household, agricultural and industrial waste ...
Here is what would allow, if it were developed, the process of Dr. Laigret, consisting in making synthetic petroleum by anaerobic fermentation by bacteria of the "Perfringens" type.
The process, unlike the majority of other biomass treatments (anaerobic digestion at the head), gives a liquid fuel of quality, easily transportable, refinable and in many ways similar to “natural” crude oil… with the difference that its reserves are renewable!
Add to this fact, the possibility of directly using micro algae, and the (supposedly) current energy crisis is only becoming the consequence of political and industrial bad will ...
The work of Dr. Laigret, in fact a major and historical discovery, dates from the 1940s but has been ignored for decades ...
- Work group " The Laigret Project«
- Discussion on forums, with summary article and bibliography renewable oil
- Summary of the 1949 Science et Vie article biomass and synthetic oil
- Download the full article artificial and synthetic oil by Dr. Laigret
- Download of reports from the French Academy of Sciences on this artificial oil
- Biography of Dr Laigret on the Institut Pasteur website