In France, buildings consume around 46% of total energy and produce 25% of greenhouse gases (GHGs). They therefore represent considerable potential sources of energy savings and key elements in the division by 4 of the GHG emissions to be achieved by 2050.
On September 28, 2006, in Paris, CSTB, in partnership with the Monitor Group, organized an information day devoted to positive energy buildings. Six themes were addressed during masterful presentations or round tables:
- the challenges of energy consumption in buildings,
- the first realizations of positive energy buildings
- technological developments,
- international approaches,
- ongoing research,
- the beginning of generalization.