State aid and public subsidies: the tax credit in France for the purchase of heating regulation devices and the programming of heating and boiler equipment.
a) Appliances installed in a detached house.
- Systems allowing central regulation of heating installations by room thermostat or by external sensor, with programming clock or mono or multizone programmer,
- Systems for individual terminal control of heat emitters (thermostatic valves),
- Systems for limiting the electrical power of the electric heater according to the outside temperature.
Electric heating energy management or load shedding systems
b) Appliances installed in a multi-unit building
- Systems listed above regarding the individual house
- Equipment necessary for the balancing of the heating installations allowing a correct distribution of the heat delivered to each dwelling,
- Equipment allowing the cascading of boilers, excluding the installation of new boilers,
- Boiler remote management systems providing heating control and programming functions,
- Systems for central regulation of domestic hot water production equipment in the case of combined production of domestic hot water and water intended for heating.
- Individual thermal energy meters and heating cost allocators
Amount of the tax credit
a) For all these thermal insulation materials, the tax credit rate is 25%. This rate is increased to 40% on the double condition that this equipment is installed in accommodation completed before 1/1/1977 and that their installation is carried out no later than December 31 of the second year following that of the acquisition of housing.
b) The tax credit applies to expenses paid between January 1, 2005 and December 31, 2009. For example, the expenses paid in 2007 must be declared when filing the income tax return for 2007. It is therefore in 2008 that these expenses must be declared.
Learn more about the tax credit: tax credit for energy-saving equipment.