Miscanthus: Cultivation aspects by Gaëlle Warnant - ValBiom
Conference support for the 4th Biomass meeting “What resources for the biofuels of tomorrow” organized by Valbiom in November 2007.
MISCANTHUS: perennial grass from Asia and Africa "Elephant grass"
Main characteristics of Miscanthus
- Perennial (15-20 years)
- Plant in C4
- Not very demanding in inputs
- Miscanthus capensis Andersson
- Miscanthus floridulus (Labill.) Warb. ex K. Schum.
- Miscanthus nepalensis (Trin.) Hack.
- Miscanthus oligostachys Steph.
- Miscanthus saccariflorus (Maxim.) Hack.
- Miscanthus sacchariflorus (Maxim.) Franch.
- Miscanthus sinensis Andersson
- Miscanthus transmorrisonensis Hayata
- Main characteristics
- Culture conditions
- Annual growth cycle
- Harvest and yields
- Culture management
- Environmental aspects
- Potential valuations
- Limits and perspectives
Find out more with a complementary document from ADEME: information on cultivation and properties of Miscanthus giganteus